RVANANO's 300 peninsula reef build

I gathered up and cleaned all the stuff I have leftover from the 120. Not a whole lot but it's a start. I noticed the heaters look different. One is kind of white and the other clear. Would the white be an indication of it being faulty or is that just normal from a different model/production date?

MP40ES
Apex
Eheim Jager 200 & 250w
refractometer

13525112105_3fceb86844_c.jpg

Nice build, are you concerned at all about the hardwood floors while doing normal maintenance? or do you have a plan in place to keep them protected?

I noticed the heaters look different. One is kind of white and the other clear. Would the white be an indication of it being faulty or is that just normal from a different model/production date?

I never had or seen one like that. I would toss it and get a new one if it was me.

I will have a plywood box made about 6" tall that I will line with pond liner. It will be the same width as the opening in the bottom of the stand. But will be a little shorter length so if can run electrical.

Got a deal on a new Jebao DC 12000 return pump. So once that arrives, and the tank is on the stand, I can plumb it and start the cycle while I get the skimmer and lighting all set up etc.

Got a deal on a new Jebao DC 12000 return pump. So once that arrives, and the tank is on the stand, I can plumb it and start the cycle while I get the skimmer and lighting all set up etc.

It's about time! Let's go! :D

So stoked, Dennis. Your tank is looking spectacular btw. Love that shot down the length of it.

I am waiting to hear from the LFS. Hoping they can come set the tank on the stand tonight or tomorrow so I can get going.

It's in place and looks great!! Although I noticed that there are slight gaps b/t the tank and stand on each end. Not sure if the metal will deflect a little in the center when filled or if I should put a piece of plywood in place first etc. Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I decided to push it to the right b/c it seemed pointless to have in centered and only have 30" on each side. Especially since one side is completely closed off. The builder came over to get measurements for the floor to ceiling cabinetry that will skin the frame.

13591324855_1c0e6a508c_c.jpg

13591359183_59f416a56b_c.jpg

13591324265_4f85175ba8_c.jpg

13591702724_866ba3895d_c.jpg

She said no more sammich's and beers until the tank is finished :(

That's horrible!!! I've been working on getting my hands on a rootbeer float. KafudaMike mentioned having a rasberry float the other day and man did I get some cravings. I'm gonna get me one by the weekend.

Back