Schreiba's ADA 60-F

Wow, the white balance is so much different with a legit camera, doesn't even look like the same tank! :)

Yeah I mean I was using a Nikon D60 before but it didn't do too much to try and change the white balance. The new camera definitely does a lot more to adjust though. Some areas of the FTS are still blown out so it will take some getting used to in order to get the FTS dialed in to how I want it. So far I'm loving the camera and the lens though :)

New shots with the new camera :)

Accidentally broke these guys off when cleaning the glass so I'm going to see if I can grow them out from this small.

Cool Tank

Cool Tank

I was thinking of an ADA 60-P with a PhosBan reactor holding HydroCarbon2 and PhosBan, plus a skimmer. This tank with canister looks like a good option to use instead. Now if I can figure out how to place a glass canopy on top but still have the pipes / hoses get in / out, I'm ready to purchase. Maybe I can just lift the cover with rubber feet or something. Concerned some fish may jump (goby, blenny, maybe a small flasher wrasse).

Yeah the glass cover would be tough with the pipes especially since I heard those fish can jump through pretty small holes. But the rubber feet may be a good idea, I just take the chance with the open top though, I've had it for a year and my clown hasn't jumped.

Got It

Got It

The small opening could be an issue. It'll be cool when ADA adds more pics on their site, I sent them email requesting canopy pictures, to see how it all fits together. Best scenario will probably be to drill / cut a couple canopy openings for the pipes if possible. 60-F is out of stock now, 45-F is in, and 60-P still looks good. I'm jonesin' for a tank.

Oops...

Oops...

Meant to ask, that Eheim looks like an upflow filter, is that true? Also, on filter floss, are you just using blue floss or something like Poly Bio Marine pads?

The small opening could be an issue. It'll be cool when ADA adds more pics on their site, I sent them email requesting canopy pictures, to see how it all fits together. Best scenario will probably be to drill / cut a couple canopy openings for the pipes if possible. 60-F is out of stock now, 45-F is in, and 60-P still looks good. I'm jonesin' for a tank.

Yeah that would definitely work. And yeah I think one ADA company in the US got a shipment in recently but I don't know what they have in stock.

Meant to ask, that Eheim looks like an upflow filter, is that true? Also, on filter floss, are you just using blue floss or something like Poly Bio Marine pads?

Yeah it's an upflow filter. And I'm just using the simple pillow stuffing as filter floss now which works pretty well and is cheap.

New Tanks In

New Tanks In

ADA new shipment? That's cool. So, looks like you hit filter floss, then carbon, last purigen, then up to the tank. Or maybe one more stage of fine filter? Pretty cool, simple - some setups are complex - meaning, I wouldn't be able to do it, but I think I can do a canister. I'm feeling a thread dedicated to Eheim canister maintenance schedule and contents.

ADA new shipment? That's cool. So, looks like you hit filter floss, then carbon, last purigen, then up to the tank. Or maybe one more stage of fine filter? Pretty cool, simple - some setups are complex - meaning, I wouldn't be able to do it, but I think I can do a canister. I'm feeling a thread dedicated to Eheim canister maintenance schedule and contents.

Yeah that progression is about right. I have another layer of floss before it goes back to the tank but that's it. The canister is really easy though I clean it out completely when I do my weekly water changes and then clean out the pump in it every few months. There's really not much else to it :)

One Pump

One Pump

I like the one pump to receive from and send to tank. I'll need to get savvy on pump maintenance. Purigen read like a rinse / clean then continue using scenario. Chemipure is supposed to have good longevity too, so you probably just rinse those off weekly, continue using, rinse floss, done. Good inline heater, now an inline skimmer could be cool too if it's possible to do that. Canister use keeps the electronics out of the tank which is nice. My orig thought had 2 pumps inside the main tank for skimmer and PhosBan reactor.

Back