Schreiba's ADA 60-F

I like the one pump to receive from and send to tank. I'll need to get savvy on pump maintenance. Purigen read like a rinse / clean then continue using scenario. Chemipure is supposed to have good longevity too, so you probably just rinse those off weekly, continue using, rinse floss, done. Good inline heater, now an inline skimmer could be cool too if it's possible to do that. Canister use keeps the electronics out of the tank which is nice. My orig thought had 2 pumps inside the main tank for skimmer and PhosBan reactor.
Yeah the canister is definitely convenient. If you can pull it off I would go with a sump just because then you could have a skimmer but other than that the canister works well :)

Stunning as always! I'm afraid I didn't vote for you for NTOTM, but that's only because I can see it looking even better in the future and I didn't want to take away your chance to win later on instead. ;)

Stunning as always! I'm afraid I didn't vote for you for NTOTM, but that's only because I can see it looking even better in the future and I didn't want to take away your chance to win later on instead. ;)

Thanks! And I completely understand ;) I'm hoping it continues to look better too.

Canister

Canister

Yeah the canister is definitely convenient. If you can pull it off I would go with a sump just because then you could have a skimmer but other than that the canister works well :)

Canister seems real simple, one pump done. I may start like that, gotta have a lid like this in 12x24 for the ADA 60-P: http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3790

I sent a similar canopy question link to ADA - I think it should work. Notice the opening front for feeding, back plastic to cut allowing piping. Cover keeps the jumpers in, though if I do a Blue Devil I may be okay with minimal jumps.

Ps

Ps

Meant to ask, 8 stainless steel hooks come with ADA tanks - what do those look like? They hang on top, then inside lip of tank to hold a canopy in place?

Canister seems real simple, one pump done. I may start like that, gotta have a lid like this in 12x24 for the ADA 60-P: http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3790

I sent a similar canopy question link to ADA - I think it should work. Notice the opening front for feeding, back plastic to cut allowing piping. Cover keeps the jumpers in, though if I do a Blue Devil I may be okay with minimal jumps.

Yeah something like that would work it just may not look quite as clean, if there was an "ADA" lid it would probably be the best although expensive

Lid etc

Lid etc

I'll have to attempt the lid, get a cheap one and hope it works. I'm checking out those Eheim canisters, inline heater, and hose width and thickness. Wondering about ADA glass vs. stainless steel inflow and outflow. Both look cool.

I'll have to attempt the lid, get a cheap one and hope it works. I'm checking out those Eheim canisters, inline heater, and hose width and thickness. Wondering about ADA glass vs. stainless steel inflow and outflow. Both look cool.

I think the glass looks a lot better but I guess the stainless could look good if you had some other stainless accents maybe in the lighting fixture or stand. They'd be a lot more durable/sturdy than the glass ones though.

Inlets, Outlets, and Hoses

Inlets, Outlets, and Hoses

Stainless steel inlets / outlets look strong. Problem I'm seeing is Ecco has 12 and 14 mm hoses and ADA has 10, 13, and 17 mm hoses?

Last edited:
Looks great, but what hose?

Looks great, but what hose?

Are you able to use ADA hose or is there a high quality, cheaper alternative? The Eheim green hose looks okay but clear is hip.

Are you able to use ADA hose or is there a high quality, cheaper alternative? The Eheim green hose looks okay but clear is hip.

I'm using some clear hose I found at Home Depot. You might be better off getting black hose though because it will limit the algae growth.

Black hose?

Black hose?

Wouldn't have thought of that. What mm size? I could do black hose and the stainless inflow / outflow. Stealth style.

Back