SCMAS/Marine Depot Sidewalk Sale 6/16/12 - Who needs Equipment?

Im skeptical of this event after my first experience. I bought a refurbished chiller for half price of retail but it never quite worked at dropping the temp. Brought it to jbj in inglewood and they told me it was not even fixable. So you can imagine i was not a happy camper. It is almost impossible to test the chiller at this event since the chillers are not hooked up w a pump or hoses. You also need a small volume of water w a thermometer, both of which are also unavailable. Just letting you guys know of my experience so buyer beware. Dont buy any chillers at this event unless you can accurately test its performance. This is applicable to any expensive equipment you buy there!!!

Wow thanks for the heads up

I purchased a chiller in that sale and works great. Sorry to hear that you had an unfortunate experience.

Yup. Just my luck. I even asked a worker there what to expect and he said I shouldn't have a problem since they are certified refurbished. I shouldve been more careful.

Either way, cant trust anything there to work properly unless you test it yourself, especially without a warranty or return policy.

Yup. Just my luck. I even asked a worker there what to expect and he said I shouldn't have a problem since they are certified refurbished. I shouldve been more careful.

Either way, cant trust anything there to work properly unless you test it yourself, especially without a warranty or return policy.
I'm sorry that you had a bad experience from the sale, I looked into this issue and I was notified that all the JBJ chillers that have been sold in these sales are factory certified prior to the sale. The fact that JBJ told you it was not working nor unrepairable is definitely a freak thing. We have sold at least 50 chillers since we have done these sales. This is a first I have heard of a chiller not working that was purchased at the sale. Do you still have the product? What size was it?

Actually never needed the use of an 8 trak. When we compete the car is parked so there was no chance of the record getting scratched. Besides the audio quality rendered from the album far exceeds an 8 trak.

Does anyone know if Marine Depot is going to allow will call pickup on Saturday? I think they did this before a while back.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience from the sale, I looked into this issue and I was notified that all the JBJ chillers that have been sold in these sales are factory certified prior to the sale. The fact that JBJ told you it was not working nor unrepairable is definitely a freak thing. We have sold at least 50 chillers since we have done these sales. This is a first I have heard of a chiller not working that was purchased at the sale. Do you still have the product? What size was it?

It was a 1/15th HP chiller. I dropped it off at JBJ a couple months ago for them for diagnose the problem and they called me the next day to tell me it was not fixable, or rather it would cost almost as much as a new chiller to fix. I was ****ed so I never went back to pick it up. I can probably recognize the lady at the front desk who helped me and I left it under my name, Samuel Lee.

I wonder if they ever put any vortech mp10 up for sale? I remember buying one from them over a year through an ebay listing .... Or does anyone have one for sale??? Price?

Back