Show me Your Fancy STANDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hated it..hubby took the SSB pay in 92 so now we are home and he is active duty guard and will NOT retire cause the military is all he knows

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15381096#post15381096 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sisterlimonpot
That's enough army talk!!! :D
GO ARMY!!! Hoo Rah!! :D

Ft. Hood, TX 90-92. Now that I don't have to move every 6 months to every 3 years I can work on a nice reef tank!

Watch it guys. There are Jarheads in here also!!!!!

:lol:

Thanks for you service!!!!!!

SemperFi!!!!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15382916#post15382916 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Misled
Watch it guys. There are Jarheads in here also!!!!!

:lol:

Thanks for you service!!!!!!

SemperFi!!!!!!

:uzi: woof woof , ooraaaahhh devil dog!!! :uzi:

Heres mine:

DSC_8249.jpg

DSC_8247.jpg

DSC_8250.jpg

DSC_0466.jpg

looks kinda like Birch or maybe cherry with the wide longated grain pattern to me ...love the fluted trim on it and the panel made to cover the overflow, kinda offsets the tank from the center of the cabinet and gives it lots of character

Thanks for all the compliments.
This stand cover and canopy was all done by a friend who is a PRO indeed.
The overflow cover attaches by velcro tot he glass from the top and by a metalic hook to the stand, it was supposed to be replaced by another sheet that would follow the tank design but I never had the time to get that finished yet.
The wood they used was Birch and I remeber coating it with some Polyurethane coat for protection.
More detailed info can be found on the first few pages of my build thread for those interested.
To be honest I was getting bored from the classic look of my tank compared to more contemporary designs I see and was considering going for a more modern look on my upgrade next year, but seing all the reactions here I will for sure think about it twice.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15394859#post15394859 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by maroun.c
Thanks for all the compliments.
This stand cover and canopy was all done by a friend who is a PRO indeed.
The overflow cover attaches by velcro tot he glass from the top and by a metalic hook to the stand, it was supposed to be replaced by another sheet that would follow the tank design but I never had the time to get that finished yet.
The wood they used was Birch and I remeber coating it with some Polyurethane coat for protection.
More detailed info can be found on the first few pages of my build thread for those interested.
To be honest I was getting bored from the classic look of my tank compared to more contemporary designs I see and was considering going for a more modern look on my upgrade next year, but seing all the reactions here I will for sure think about it twice.

Yes it is very simple indeed but the grain stands out very well and it makes it look very "exotic" IMO (I dont know much about wood but thats how I see it), I like it very much looks expensive. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back