Show off your S. gigantea

Sorry I meant saltwaterguy718, as that is a nice coloration. I know what yours look like... I have envy every time you post a picture... I really like your newest picture. Those two are playing nicely side by side too.

Sorry I meant saltwaterguy718, as that is a nice coloration. I know what yours look like... I have envy every time you post a picture... I really like your newest picture. Those two are playing nicely side by side too.

Here you go, sorry its hard to get a great pic under LEDs . Also I'm a little worried , lately my clownfish are swimming into the mouth of the nem and it seems like its keeping the mouth open. Not gaping just not tightly closed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 0
i dont own any of these but thought i'd share PICS

Thanks! For those of us who are passionate about gigs, that's one of the best sites to see photos of gigs in the wild. I've spent hours looking at those photos. It gives us a really good idea of the type of environment they live in. Back when folks thought gigs were fragile (since many were dying in captivity) I would often refer people to that site, especially the photos of the gigs in low tide, partially exposed. I think they can definitely take a beating -- not only from the sun, but from changes in salinity, turbidity, and predators. What this translates to in our tanks is that once they are established, they should do very well.

hi everyone!

any chance for some help I.D'ing this Nem please. this shot was under 50/50 blue and white. its base (attached to the rock) is a light blue clour.

null_zps29ea43a6.jpg
[/URL]]

hi everyone!

any chance for some help I.D'ing this Nem please. this shot was under 50/50 blue and white. its base (attached to the rock) is a light blue clour.

null_zps29ea43a6.jpg
[/URL]]

Mike[/QUOTE]

Its a gigantea. looks a bit poorly and has the typical balding appearance of a newly imported gig. Is it yours or is it still at a LFS?

thanks for the reply,

it is my brother in laws. it was bought from an LFS about 2 months ago as a package deal with the clowns.

can you suggest how to improve its state? best food for Gigs.

Mike

Gig number 1:

Gig number 2:

Not exactly sure what this guy is... Sometimes it seems to act haddoni-ish and sometimes more like a gig. Its tentacles vibrate right after the lights go out. It's pretty bleached but is improving, I think it will be green with a blue edge:

Nice. The last picture looks 100% Haddoni to me. What are some of the characteristic that make you think he may be a Gigantea?

+1 on the S. haddoni i.d., dead giveaway, it's tentacles are in close proximity to the mouth. In other threads i've been telling you guys i had haddoni tentacles vibrate, as he has been observing.

Nice. The last picture looks 100% Haddoni to me. What are some of the characteristic that make you think he may be a Gigantea?

I am definitely leaning towards haddoni too. The LFS claimed it had purple verrucae when it first came in. It does have verrucae but I can't see any coloration to them. I was basing my uncertainty on the wiggling tentacles and that the tentacles are longer and farther apart near the oral disc than my other haddoni, but definitely much shorter than a gig. It was badly bleached at the LFS, but is slowly coloring up again. It has its foot buried in my DSB, which is very typical haddoni though.

+1 on the S. haddoni i.d., dead giveaway, it's tentacles are in close proximity to the mouth. In other threads i've been telling you guys i had haddoni tentacles vibrate, as he has been observing.

The longer I have it, and the more it recovers, it is definitely acting much more like haddoni.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JgQ3Aui19ug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IUt7UHys17M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-7X4MIxI0EM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sMzjhK74lF8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M7_zDL5jQWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

These are a few of my Gigantea. Light just come up in AM still actinic so the colors are off.
Number 1 is white with a light green tinted. Smallest but is eating well and should grow well. Just finish with treatment last week and new in the DT.

Number 2 is also new. Just finish with treatment. Darker green, tentacles are green tipped and oral plate u=is green with darker green mouth. I have high hope that he will be much more green. He grew a lot from just barely larger than the bottom of the cup, now more than twice the diameter of the cup. He is under relatively lower light and lower flow than the rest of the Gigantea. More floppy than the third one which have the highest light and flow.

Number 3 Gigantea have the highest flow and light of all gigantea. He is actually multi color. The outer tentacles are red/orangeish and inner tentacles are yellow. Very compact and stiff. Have been in DT for a while. One of the first of the Petco Gigantea.

Number 4 is my Purple Gigantea. In captivity for me nearly 2 years. Going strong and is the largest of the Gigantea. A little back of the tank so he does not have as much light as number 3.

Nunber 5 is really at the back of the tank and low. Right behind my blue Haddoni. Doing well, greenish in color. Another of my first Petco Gigantea.
I also have a new purple that is recovering from been sick. Doing well at this time but still coloring up both the purple color and regain his health. Not show on these video

Back