Show off your T5 run (non Zeovit + similar) SPS tank please

This threads title-"Show off you T5 run (non Zeovit + similar) SPS tank please"

So I think my tank meets the restrictions described by the OP.
FTS (form last November)
FTS-11-2010.jpg

My Sunset Millie
sunset-millie.jpg

ORA Pearlberry
pearlberry5-15-10.jpg

Keylime granulosa
keylime-11-2010.jpg

I set this tank up following the KISS method. I have never run a Zeovit or other system (i.e. a supplement regime that involves a bacteria reactor) I also have never used vodka... But in the past I did try dosing prodibo bacteria and then at one point I dosed NB7 (bacteria only)... I have since stopped "regularly" dosing all forms of bacteria. I will add a couple drops of (leftover) NB7 every other month or so, but by all means this is not a "carbon driven bacteria system".

Honestly, When this tank was set up, I thought it would be a "carbon driven bacteria system" but after trying it for a bit (Probido then NB7) it became apparent that the dosing regiment did not significantly benefit my system.

Tucker,

Really nice picture of your setup. I have a 50x28x18h and I'm looking for a new light fixture to provide better coverage for the 28" of depth I'm working with. I run an ATI 8x54w now.

Let me ask you, what brand of fixture is that you are running and what are its dimensions? It looks like an ATI. Perhaps a powermodule 10x54w?

Thanks!

Nice setup! If you don't mind me asking, what does "water change with CR using coral chips" mean exactly?
Means I don't dose trace elements, just water change with distilled water Aquaforest probiotic salt mix and the cheapest coral chips I can find sgd$10 per 10kg.

Previously I was using zeovit coral gravel cos there were rumour normal coral chips contains high phosphate but I give it a try and measured my CR effluent outlet po4 using Hanna phosphorus checker twice and it was very low. Between zero to 2ppb. After which I have been using the cheap coral chips thereafter.

As i do not dose any trace elements, i do send my tank water for triton icp test every 6 months. So far the water result has been promising, did not find any major lacking of elements.

Keeping my reef simple enable me to troubleshoot any issues easily. I strongly believe in not dosing anything (other than bacteria) unless you measure it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back