So I said I was going to buy live rock....

Mr James

Premium Member
And I still plan to!! But now I have my skimmer and most of my tanks. Some are plumbed and some are not. I was hoping to get the rock before it gets too cold. The term "too cold" is a relative term I know.

I plan to order from LiveAquaria most likely as their deal is pretty darn good. Premium Aquatics ranks up there too. And I may have to pass on the TampaBaySaltwater.com rock as shipping might become a hassle, being this far north.

So with that being said is anybody still interested in ordering some live rock with me?? I don't really know how you will save, other than going in on a 45# box with another person, but the offer is there. I plan to order right around 200# - 250#, depending......

Nope just finished getting everything I needed/wanted for my tank as far as LR goes.. Thanks for the offer however.

by tarax
Nope just finished getting everything I needed/wanted for my tank as far as LR goes..

And you didn't offer any to the club?? j/k

Where'd you get your rock from?? Got any pics??

I can't state where I got it from as they aren't a supported vendor.. However I do have shots. Its the nice big piece to the right of the overflow box.

100_0574-1.jpg

I also got another 10 lbs but thats in the fuge..

Thanks for the kind words.. I LOVE my Tank and the best part.. Its FUN! Which is what it should be..

by tarax
I can't state where I got it from as they aren't a supported vendor..

Neither are the LFS's we mention on here when people ask what stores are in the area. Then could you please PM me with the site. Just curious where you got it, what you got specifically and what you paid. The whole idea behind this forum is to share your experiences and helpful hints and tips.

I posted here to see if people wanted to go in on an order. If any of you are looking to order something on line, why not include the group and see if someone wants to split shipping??!

Let me refer you to exhibit a:
2. COMMERCIAL POSTING: Reef Central exists for the non-commercial exchange of information. Sponsors of this site are given banner space and/or a forum to promote their business in accordance with the sponsor agreement. All other posts or signatures that are deemed to be commercial in nature are a violation of this user agreement and will be removed. As it pertains to the User Agreement, Reef Central defines “commercial post” as knowing and willful posts made by private individuals or businesses, directly or indirectly seeking commerce. Additionally, posts made by individuals or businesses in regard to other commercial activities, in anticipation of direct or indirect economic benefit or relief from the subject activity, will generally be regarded as “commercial.” Recognizing that it is impossible to construct a definition which will satisfy every situation or circumstance, Reef Central reserves the right to determine whether or not a post violates the “intent” of the “commercial post” policy or definition. Violation of this policy will be grounds for removal from our community.

With that being said I will not post or PM you the information as I do not wish to get into trouble. It seems that we have a person who is the posting police around here in our midst and is playing some kind of childish games with people that are frequenting this sub-forum/club specific forum.

I did not think that the commercial aspect of the rules applied to a local club forum and that we were free to talk about pretty much anything we wanted to as long as it didn't break civility rules etc.

The sad part of this is the person who is doing this has caused all kinds of heart burn for people I call friends.. Until recently I was not aware of how much of a problem they had caused, but will I no longer refer to any commercial entity in my posts period on this site.

The place I bought it from is not a LPS to me. They are in their area but not to me. They have a website and are a commercial entity and are not a sponsor of this site. So with that being said and knowing that the posting Police are reading this is why I can't tell you. I won't PM it because it is still entering information into this web site and could be construed as a violation of the rules. You know its really sad when I have to play Office Politics on a web site where you are supposed to be able to post information about a hobby you enjoy.. Isn't that what the Internet is supposed to be about? Or isn't it just as sad that I have to closely watch the content of my posts because.. "Oh my I might be reported. " Its just sad... Really sad.. And realistically so is this person playing these games.

Last edited:
Go team!!

What I was getting at is that the club can benefit from your purchase. In my previous reef club, (Florida Panhandle Reef Club), when someone would order, they would ask if anyone else wanted to go in on an order. That was the team effort. We were never approached by Team RC or and mods because we were spreading the word, helping others, creating new RC members, etc... That club has grown, even since I left. They doing great!!

I am asking our club to spread the word when ordering. You will see I do exactly that with the live rock and my salt order. And what I plan to do now and in the future. Jim wants to order some fragging supplies, I just hope he remembers his club members back home here and offers to others to save on shipping and spread the word.

I am not asking you to break any rules, I am asking you to spread the word when ordering, to help others save on shipping. Same with selling. Give the locals a chance first. If not, take it to the big forum. Do you see what I am getting at??

Last edited:
by tarax
...It seems that we have a person who is the posting police around here in our midst and is playing some kind of childish games with people that are frequenting this sub-forum/club specific forum...

I cannot speak to this as I have only been here a short 5 months. But if there was illegal activity, RC can and will control it. Search all of my pervious posts. Aside from a post in the Lounge, I have never (that I can remember) crossed the line. I contribute to RC and to my local club and will continue to do so. RC encourages that.

Back