Something in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention all this went in my 29 gal tank with an emperor 400 bio wheel filter no skimmer and no power heads. I didn't even know what a power head was. I had no heater either all lit my a 2 bulb power compact.

Now that's just classic. LOL I started off with a 40g and some LR I bought from some guy. I thought the pretty green algae that came on the rock looked cool. And when I posted pictures folks told me it was caulerpa and I should get it out of my display immediately. Did I listen?..? Nope.... Soon I had a tank full of it and ended breaking down my tank and curing my rock.

I will thank you all for seeing the "first timer rush" to get things going. Maybe the wrong way.. But willing to do it right..

I am/was a bit frustrated with the last few days. Having my own issues but to be quite frank.. Afraid to ask. I can say even when I ask, folks respond as though I know what they are talking about. So I stop, google, read, and try to figure out what fits with what I am asking. And find that I am still confused. Go back to my 'feed' and I am still no closer to when I first started.
So all of the different answers and perspectives are so varied.. which way do you go?
Im am afraid to talk about my mistakes.. For fear of the negative feedback.

This forum kills me.... Love reefing and clubs but Jesus this place can be as bad as a squad of gossipy high school cheerleaders. Well to set the mood anyone in the middletown area what some free frags of hollywood stunner?

I will thank you all for seeing the "first timer rush" to get things going. Maybe the wrong way.. But willing to do it right..

I am/was a bit frustrated with the last few days. Having my own issues but to be quite frank.. Afraid to ask. I can say even when I ask, folks respond as though I know what they are talking about. So I stop, google, read, and try to figure out what fits with what I am asking. And find that I am still confused. Go back to my 'feed' and I am still no closer to when I first started.
So all of the different answers and perspectives are so varied.. which way do you go?
Im am afraid to talk about my mistakes.. For fear of the negative feedback.

some times its hard to help, ive been silent lately bc im newbed out.. no offence. ive had ten or more under my wing this year and trying to take a break. sometimes you just need to latch on to a local near you. and yes google first then you might change your questions.

also people who send nastygrames to the salts of this forum will not get help, from anyone.....(i dont know who but ,you know who you are) yes i mean swanny. these things will not help you make friends.

also iv goten a number of PMs lately telling me they are accepting donations.... i say good for you, and yes i sell a few frags to help me pay for my reefing addiction. i also give alot away......to people who see the value of "pay it forward" .

just please keep this in mind.

I started it ..... and hopefully Ill finish it.......

The Only stupid question is the one not asked. That is what I always told my rookies when I was their Field Training Officer. No one was born with instant knowledge and last time I checked this wasnt the the matrix. That Being said ..... If you ask for advice and then totally ignore or dismiss what was given to you cause you decide to shop around for the answer that best suits you ..... Then your gonna get called on it Plain and Simple... and thats what I did and started .... A picture is worth 1000 words..... and APC your well on your way to being a "Train Wreck".

I started it ..... and hopefully Ill finish it.......

The Only stupid question is the one not asked. That is what I always told my rookies when I was their Field Training Officer. No one was born with instant knowledge and last time I checked this wasnt the the matrix. That Being said ..... If you ask for advice and then totally ignore or dismiss what was given to you cause you decide to shop around for the answer that best suits you ..... Then your gonna get called on it Plain and Simple... and thats what I did and started .... A picture is worth 1000 words..... and APC your well on your way to being a "Train Wreck".

Epstein--- I have always taken all advice and reviewed and did what I could do to my best ability. Not what suites ME. What are YOU calling ME on? Do you even know ME? I have never ignored any advice. This is exactly what I was referring to earlier. Don't worry I won't ask FOR YOUR advise. You are so quick to judge. The only train wreck I can see here is you falling off your high horse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually if You read My post correctly and were following along you would see the comment that started it all and to which I refer is APC...... Re read my post .....This has nothing to do with you..... But I appreciate Your Passion

BTW .... If you asked around ..... You would Know I am far from being High...... and quite frankly Im alllergic to horses..... Thats Why I own a Fish Tank..... :)

Oh yeah I said I was a Cop.... Not a Judge........ :)

Well, we have accomplished learning how to turn people away from the hobby... now that we got that out of the way lets rock and roll out of this ridiculous topic.

+1 and I meet the guy he is really nice just don't know what he's doing yet and he sounded very disappointed that people jump down his throat when he asks a honest question can we delete this thread mods please

This thread is really senseless and completely unnecessary. Not sure Insee anything positive coming out of this. Was there a lesson to be learned or did i miss something? Sorry, i don't usually post on here but lately, this forum has been way too much drama and bashing going on. Don't get me wrong, in the last few years, i have had the opportunity to meet some of he nicest and most helpful folks that are willing to bend over backwards to help out someone in need. But there are also a very few that, let's just say.....the less said the better. Anyone should be able to post questions on here without having to feel intimidated or having the fear of negative feedback. I just think if you don't have anything positive to say or provide constructive criticism, then silence is golden sometimes.
Aperture, i have sent you a pm. Take it for what it is worth. Good luck to you and dont get discouraged. Have fun.

Wow I had no idea it get this far. I had posted because I thought there was no way someone cold be that wrong. I also asked that this thread be closed

That being said, after digging backward, and re-reading all of his posts as you say he is real, he is not so innocent and has said just as much as the rest. And don't forget the others here like Epstein have done so much good that one incident shouldn't wipe that away. It just gets frustrating for someone to ask advice, then not like the answer. Both sides are entitled to do what they please, but shouldn't be cradled.

I agree that nobody should he intimidated, but negative feedback is part of learning from mistakes.

I had a pretty rough entry into the forum myself, some might recall.

Anyway, I've got no problems with anybody willing to learn, but I do have problems with somebody who asks advice and then rejects it if it's not "fun". 7 clownfish and a foxface in a 30 gallon is gonna get you some dry looks, especially if you're belligerent when experienced people try to help.

So sure, this thread may not have been the best expression of that frustration, but glossing everything over and pretending that frustration wasn't warranted doesn't help anybody either.

I think the mods need to put this thread to bed or it will never die.

A Bully is a Bully is a Bully.. No matter how you say it it is still BULLY.

It is a very sad day for me, to be told I was speaking the a '"Cop", My friends and
Co workers call themselves Police Officers.
Enough said..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back