Spare parts, free time, and a 6 pack = Hurgoth's 10g drilled build thread.

Very nice! Love the DIY and ideas you have. I'd swap out for a bigger rectangular container though. What are you planning on keeping in the 10g? If your not doing anything crazy, then just keep the return pump and use the PCs, should be fine for a couple softies etc.

Sorry for the delay. Newborn keeping me on my toes.

Tuesday I came home and started the painting. Got most of it finished on the stand. I was able to reinforce some of the crossbeams to add support.

Reinforce.jpg

Yesterday I finished the hood for the lights. I decided to go with my dual 55w PC and my large blue LEDs for twilight. I also did some touch up. Here it is.

COmplete2.jpg

Complete1.jpg

I decided to keep a little room on both sides of the hood so that I can easily access with the tongs.

When I was wrapping up yesterday there was a nice sunset over dana point. View from my driveway:

Sunset.jpg

The view from my deck is much better.

Tonight I took everything upstairs and added some live rock from my trashbin in the garage that has been cooking for 4 months. The sand is from my last tear-down and I rinsed it for about 45 minutes. I put the tank right next to one of the couches so I can stare at it while sitting down.

Couch.jpg

Left side

Right-1.jpg

Right side

Left-2.jpg

Center

Center.jpg

Lights

Lights.jpg

I made the hood so that it is on a ghetto hinge. I am going to put a dowel through it later.

Open.jpg

Check out the LED's. They are not for moonlights, more for evening viewing with the lights down and a nightcap.

LED.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Woke up this morning and no leaks or other surprises. It looks like we are good to go. I need to go to the store and buy a bulb. The pics were with only one bulb running.

The face is kind of creeping me out too.

The LED strips came with a tank I purchased a while back. I have one more. Maybe we can work on a trade for a piece of the Green Toadstool you got for sale in one of your threads ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15489817#post15489817 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hurgoth
The LED strips came with a tank I purchased a while back. I have one more. Maybe we can work on a trade for a piece of the Green Toadstool you got for sale in one of your threads ;)

Sure, we can trade for that no problem. Let me know if you'd like to come by.

Back