Spawning Oddity...Coincidence or Conspiracy

Stolireef

Yesterday, I was at Ryan's house letting him pawn off more corals on me. As I was gazing longingly at his display, I noticed an odd limpet/snail type thingy (this is my new highly technical naming convention for just about everything) that was actively spawning. It was around 9:30 in the morning with gentle lighting coming from his solar tubes.

This afternoon, right after my T5's came on, I noticed what appeared to be precisely the same type of limpet/snail type thingy doing exactly the same thing in my tank.

So, since most of our tanks have had sex with every partner with whom we've shared tank water (it's a rough analogy but you get my point), has anyone else noticed odd limpet/snail type thingies doing the same thing in your tank over the past few days.

I really wonder if this could be a 'time of year' type spawning.

(oh, and tell me that my headline didn't grab your attention! :celeb1:)

I have no idea and I don't think Ryan did either. I'm sticking with my limpet/snail type thingy identification. I will look those up though.

Were they stomatella snails? They're kinda like the rabbits of the snail world...

Just looked it up and yep, that's what it is. Pretty cool that they were doing it at nearly the exact same time.

I still think it's a conspiracy.

Stomatellas do it regularly (heh, heh) and it's not uncommon to have them breed in home aquariums. Suuuuper good coral food too.

I use to have so many of them before but non now. If anyone has a bunch of them, I'd be very interested if would like to share, sale, or trade some. All greatly appreciated

Back