SPS pests and treatment options

Came home to no pe on this stag. Little yellow or tan bugs all over it. Some are stationary and others move around quite fast. Please advise! TIA!!

Came home to no pe on this stag. Little yellow or tan bugs all over it. Some are stationary and others move around quite fast. Please advise! TIA!!

pretty confident that you have red bugs.. i got rid of mine with dr gs coral dip used as an in tank treatment GL

You can get it online at dr fosters and smith or petmeds pharmacy, also target pharmacy carries many pet medications

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Any updates with those who did dr gs treatment? What are the treatment protocols?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put an entire bottle in a 120 display, 40 fuge, and 40 sump. I would guess about 150 gl total water volume. It eliminated all the redbugs for me. Did nothing to a handful of red planaria I had in my fuge though...

Need some help! Was gluing some frags that were on my frag rack pulled a stag off the rack and the back was gone. Upon inspection the skin of the Acro was gone and and there was about an 1/8 inch gap were it almost looks like it died then started to grow again. also found on the dead part what looks like gold eggs in small bunches and a few black dots. sorry don't have a good camara that takes close up pic's.

6 weeks later, still red bug free. Coloration is slowly returning on The purple validia and another purple stag. Where very very dull before treatment and had bugs on them.

What was the treatment protocol? Did you dump the whole bottle and then just left it? Did you do any water change?

Livestock okay dealing with it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

What was the treatment protocol? Did you dump the whole bottle and then just left it? Did you do any water change?

Livestock okay dealing with it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've done two in tank treatments with Dr G's Coral Dip to treat for red bugs. I did not do any water changes after treatment, but I did run carbon to help remove the medication. No long term issues with my system using this treatment other than total annihilation of my red bug problem.

Hmm that's interesting that no water change needed. What was your dosage amount?

Back