SPS pests and treatment options

I think I've got something on my mille. It looks like it's trying to mimic a polyp? It's a greenish color with 2 thin hairs about twice the length of the coral's polyps. Here's a poor quality picture it is in the middle of the picture on the lower right branch. The hairs are too thin to be seen in the picture. Any ideas what it might be?

On the first page of this thread, there was info that 5 days without acros is enough time to kill off red bugs. Is that still the consensus?

4d8fd0735792e20f856e95db1528df13.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this is and is it bad?!

This is a small Chiton. These ones will readily reproduce in the tank. They are beneficial algae grazers. I know this was an old post but just for others with the same question.

On the first page of this thread, there was info that 5 days without acros is enough time to kill off red bugs. Is that still the consensus?

Anyone got an answer? I removed and dipped my only 2 acros last weekend and they've been in QT all week. Wanting to know if its safe to put them back in this weekend.

I was hoping after a 5 year vacation from SPS, that these things would be gone...sigh

I know, right? I purchased my first Acro in years and figured "what are the chances" and dropped it right in the tank. It had Red Bugs lol.

I do have to say that the discovery of the bayer dip is a huge advancement. Interceptor is a good in-tank treatment, but a 6 hour dip is not practical.

I have had to deal with these little red bugs. they were mostly on one coral, so I dipped that coral in Coral Rx and then ordered so Interceptor spectrum. After two treatments with the Interceptor Spectrum, all red bugs where gone.

Help me with identifying of this worm. Is it harmful or not. Please share your experience. :(

Attachments

• DSC04386.jpg
    DSC04386.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1

It's quite possible that dinoflagellates cause more harm to Acroporas than any of the other pests.
After having seen what they do to my SPS and how common they are among the locals I'm sure they are overlooked by most reefers facing miserable success with SPS.

why....
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/%E6%A1%8C%E9%9D%A2/%E6%96%B0%E8%B3%87%E6%96%99%E5%A4%BE/12399420_1142375719107814_1255700452_n.jpg

I am trying to figure out what is eating my acropora. The acropora looks like what is happening is stn. Thought I had an alk issue but that was not the case. I have noticed when lights are off hundreds of tiny very fast moving pests at base of my acropora. What are they and what should I do?

worm trouble

worm trouble

Hi All,
I had a healthy coral that began to show signs of stress a couple of days ago, this morning I saw alot of white. I pulled the coral, fragged off some healthy branches and when breaking the base off the rubble I found this worm. I would appreciate an ID and advice on how to eliminate this from my tank.
Thanks in advance.

Has anyone tried a dip for red bugs that Dr. G's is selling? Supposed to have the same ingredients as interceptor.

I used Dr G's coral dip both inside my display tank and as a coral dip, on my old setup. I received a frag from a store and figured it was safe as I having been buying from them for years. About 2 weeks later I noticed them on a couple of corals. I used dr g's coral dip and the only thing I lost was some snails and some hermits. Other than that I didn't lose any corals sps or lps. So now I dip everything I buy from stores or people in dr g's.

I wish it got rid of nuisance algae also.

What dosage are people having success with using Dr. Gs coral dip on in tank treatment when treating for red bugs?

I have read "1 cap full per 20 gallons" and that a "8 oz bottle treats 265 gallons". Was hoping to get some more input before I do this...

Thanks

Back