SPS pests and treatment options

Did your skimmer go crazy when you turned it back on?

I just dosed an 8 oz bottle into my 150 gallon system. So far so good. I've turned the skimmer back on but it's bubbling like crazy. About 3 gallons of skimmate already.

Wonder how long this is going to go for.

Did your skimmer go crazy when you turned it back on?

I just dosed an 8 oz bottle into my 150 gallon system. So far so good. I've turned the skimmer back on but it's bubbling like crazy. About 3 gallons of skimmate already.

Wonder how long this is going to go for.

Same issue with my skimmer. I have a water level and air adjustment on my skimmer. I had to start over on it's settings.

Run some carbon to soak some of the treatment up.

I've had my tank up for about 2 years now and never had a problem with pests. But I think I might have one now. A couple months ago an acro that was thriving started to STN. I fragged some pieces once it started spreading. Now the frags have STN as well and I see what looks like a pest.

Please help me ID the pests on the back frag. They are really small so zoom in. And also any options for treatment.

ce65b0eff0f57ef734dde82e0043e775.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do red bugs always have a yellow body?? i have tons of little pods/bugs on my glass that appear to be clear with a little brown head. these are very small, small than a typical looking pod. any idea if they are harmful? thanks.

Sorry for the necro.

But I've noticed that I have white bugs crawling all over a valida. Can't tell that they are yellow. They seem white.

Any other way to tell if these are bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last of them
Hi i need advices in my attempt to get rid of the montipora eating nudibranch.
It started last year (spring of 2016) and since then i have lost/removed all my montiporas except these 5 frags.I saw the last one in date 2 weeks ago on my aquaman,after that i removed the monti from my rocks and installed them on plugs with the base glued on all sides to avoid the nudibranchs to lay eggs underneath.I presently have 2 wrasse to help control them.

Thanks

What is this white mf!

What is this white mf!

Hello all, I just received some acros and I saw these white fast moving worms in the bags.
They swim fast, they are white, very small (1-2 milimiters or 1/20 of an inch)
I took some pictures while in the bag, sorry for the quality and one picture of one worm that I took out, which turned yellow when it dried.
Please let me know your veredict!
I will treat with Coral Dip rx immediately.

Regards

identification help

identification help

coral.jpg

I saw this growing out of my monti cap and was curious what it is, the best I can tell is its a vermetid snail? It is very hard to the touch there did seem to be smaller ones under it as well.

Thanks for the response leopard shark

coral3.jpg this is under the backside not visible from anywhere inside the tank

coral2.jpg this is a another picture of the one above.

Hi all, my seriatopora is showing white bald patched underneath. I do see a parasite inside the branches which has two small antenna. The coral looks fine on top and grows well. Is it something I need to treat. I dipped this coral a few minutes a few months back but it soon comes back.

Last edited:
Hi. Help. Has anyone dealt with this plague? They are like pieces of cotton, they do not move, but the current takes them to other acros and spreads them. Any ideas?
a99ef1588b89dd7d7fa240b91f309aef.jpg

Enviado desde mi Moto G Play mediante Tapatalk

***its the middle of the night so i just turned on the lights so I could take a photo***

Hello, I noticed tonight that my stylophora has white stringy stuff coming out it.
Tried to search online but some say its a feeding response, and some say its stress.
What do YOU think? :)

+I got this coral 2 days ago, polyps still not opening.
My ai hydra 26 preset is:
30 uv
30 violet
100 royale blue
50 blue
0 red
0 green
10 cool white
Should I increase or decrease the strength in order to aclimate it better?

TIA!! :))

bfb1e6699dc7c799c9c67270d88499eb.jpg
443d1025cf2e60e68ff8bc0e5c0392d0.jpg
0b7b1625b1b547682e8850939fc34583.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

***its the middle of the night so i just turned on the lights so I could take a photo***

Hello, I noticed tonight that my stylophora has white stringy stuff coming out it.
Tried to search online but some say its a feeding response, and some say its stress.
What do YOU think? :)

+I got this coral 2 days ago, polyps still not opening.
My ai hydra 26 preset is:
30 uv
30 violet
100 royale blue
50 blue
0 red
0 green
10 cool white
Should I increase or decrease the strength in order to aclimate it better?

TIA!! :))

bfb1e6699dc7c799c9c67270d88499eb.jpg
443d1025cf2e60e68ff8bc0e5c0392d0.jpg
0b7b1625b1b547682e8850939fc34583.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I think it's feeding. You can try turning the lighting up incrementally over the next couple weeks so as not to shock it.

Sent from my HD1910 using Tapatalk

Back