Stolireef Rising from the Ashes...Again

This was my first build with no leaks the first time, too! I know how excited you are!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

In the process of adding RO/DI. Rockwork is all in the tank but subject to change. Once I'm happy, I'll post a pic.

I also finished the basic setup on my Apex. I just love the new Fusion software. If you haven't updated your Apex to this, go for it.

I also finished the basic setup on my Apex. I just love the new Fusion software. If you haven't updated your Apex to this, go for it.
Wow, speedy, you're blowing me away! I don't even have all my rockwork done!

I love the fusion software, just wish I hadn't cheaped out years ago and bought the Jr.

Time for some pictures, or your just telling stories![emoji1]

Wow, speedy, you're blowing me away! I don't even have all my rockwork done!

I love the fusion software, just wish I hadn't cheaped out years ago and bought the Jr.

Time for some pictures, or your just telling stories![emoji1]

Semi-temporary retirement has its advantages. As far as the Apex is concerned, you can always buy a new head unit.

This may be a silly question, but how do you go about filling up a new 100+ gallon system? Do you have to have an ro/di setup on hand? Run back and forth to the LFS trying with buckets? Is there a service that will come out and do the initial fill?

This may be a silly question, but how do you go about filling up a new 100+ gallon system? Do you have to have an ro/di setup on hand? Run back and forth to the LFS trying with buckets? Is there a service that will come out and do the initial fill?
An RODI system rapidly pays for orself, especially once you get over 40-50 gallons.

Yes. I have a 90 gallon per day 5 stage Spectrapure RO/DI. Spectrapure is local (in Tempe), have great customer service, and their systems are basically bulletproof (except when I install the RO membrane backwards and blow out two DI cartridges). Assuming you do regular water changes and topoffs, it pays for itself in less than a year on a 100 gallon system.

Thank you. I always thought RO/DI systems needed to be plumbed into a water line but after looking last night it looks like a lot of systems (including the spectrapure) come with a garden hose attachment which would be perfect.

Back