Sump help

Ah, I haven't used a LifeReef in a billion years. You can definitely use vinyl tubing on that with the clamps. No need for PVC. Maybe a T fitting to merge them into to to go into the single intake on your sump.

ETA - However, I wouldn't do that T fitting. You want backup standpipe/overflow tube in case something gets clogged. Ideally, you want the two pipes from your overflow going into the sump separately. That said, my through the glass overflow has two standpipes and I just plugged one of them off. Knock on wood, I haven't had issues ;)

IMO...(and sorry for jumping in)....if you plan on vinyl tubing, get the black version. As awful as it sounds, It will cut down on algae in your pipes. Because I'm sure later on you will want a refugium area in your sump......anyway, just my 2 cents

IMO...(and sorry for jumping in)....if you plan on vinyl tubing, get the black version. As awful as it sounds, It will cut down on algae in your pipes. Because I'm sure later on you will want a refugium area in your sump......anyway, just my 2 cents
It's an open forum so all input is good ;) And I agree with you on the black vinyl. That's what I use.

Blue carpet anemone to hopefully have a safe place for my smaller clown because the larger one is being a giant ass during the pairing process, and 3 ricordeas, blue, orange, and green 🤩
Nice, pics please. I haven’t had a blue carpet in years. And R. Florida have been a huge favorite of mine since 1990.

Last edited:
Nice, pics please. I haven’t had a blue carpet in years. And R. Florida have been a huge favorite of mine since 1990.
I’ll take some tomorrow when the lights are back on and everything is settled in. I feel the same way about ricordeas! I had a rock with multiple colors back in the day and it looked like a rainbow, absolutely stunning 😍

Got everything put together but the skimmer keeps overflowing and not sure how to fix it 🙄

Attachments

• 06020152-FEE6-4745-9A83-95C296A24C62.jpeg
    06020152-FEE6-4745-9A83-95C296A24C62.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • 20B8FFE9-6AC5-401A-8EA6-7B10784F4FDD.jpeg
    20B8FFE9-6AC5-401A-8EA6-7B10784F4FDD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • 8015AC88-C61D-4ED3-9F0F-911FD05EFC1D.jpeg
    8015AC88-C61D-4ED3-9F0F-911FD05EFC1D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
Got everything put together but the skimmer keeps overflowing and not sure how to fix it 🙄
Either lower the water level in the sump or raise the skimmer up. From the pics, it looks like you could lower the water level in the sump about 2-3”.

Otherwise, looking good👍

Either lower the water level in the sump or raise the skimmer up. From the pics, it looks like you could lower the water level in the sump about 2-3”.

Otherwise, looking good👍
I tried raising it but it still kept overflowing

I got it! It was the same wheel I was adjusting last night but for some reason it didn’t do anything so I assumed that wasn’t it

I got it! It was the same wheel I was adjusting last night but for some reason it didn’t do anything so I assumed that wasn’t it
So, you got it working properly? IMO, you probably could lower the water level in the sump a bit too. Not saying you have to, just that you could.

Back