Surprising Triton water test results

Surprising Triton water test results

Good point. There advice is inherrantly inacurate because it would depend on the errant levels how much water would need to be changed. They are pushing their own brand of salt. Reef crystals has been shown by others to be heavy metal free but there is always the possibility of batch variation.

I just got test results back from my tank that uses Red Sea blue bucket salt. Results were ridiculously good. I would use this or tropic Marin, as I hear they recommend that as well. Needless to say though, I was REALLY impressed with the Red Sea salt, even before the triton test

Sure. Here you go

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415646925.249519.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415646940.265138.jpg

Let me know if you want any more info on husbandry, additives, etc.

Wow, those are really exceptional results. Would be good to know what additives that you add so that we can know which additives are safe.

Thanks!

75 gal display with 20 gal sump

Change 10 gal every other week

23ml vinegar a day. For now calcium and Alk in kept in line via saturated kalk in the ato.

1-2x a month I'll throw some brigjtwell iron in if my macros look lackluster.

Corrections I've made since this test are boosting mag a bit and added 4 chromis in an attempt to increase nutrients. Also will not change Gfo this month, but rather let it use itself up and stop using it as long as po4 doesn't climb above .06

While I'm not inclined to follow the salt recommendations made by Triton , I'm not aware of any proof that Reef Crystals or any other salt is heavy metal free.

Sn 12.32 µg/l 0 µg/l 12.22
+
66 0.00 0.00

I also had high tin (sn) levels. If this is coming from my well water, my RO/DI should remove it right? Would it show up as a TDS?

It would show up as TDS, as long as the meter is working properly and can read in the appropriate range. RO/DI water should be clean enough. The source likely is the salt or some supplement.

My Triton test just came back with tin at 3.23 and also aluminum was high. But the tin is crazy. I also need to know where it's from and what to do. Cuprisorb?

Back