Tank of the Month - March 2004

Skipper

Premium Member
This month we are featuring Carl Menard's (cman) beautiful mixed reef tank:

More details can be found here or by clicking on the picture above.

Congratulations, Carl!

Nice tank!

How long have you been running carbon continuously? I was told it can hurt some tank inhabitants if you run carbon too often? If you have been running carbon continuously for a while, I'll cross that one off my concern list.

Congrats on TOTM... much deserved!

Crystal

Thanks everyone.

I'll try to answer people's questions at least once a day. I appreciate your interest in my tank!!

I have been running carbon 24x7 for the last two years. I have a lot of leathers in the tank and find that everything seems much happier when running carbon.

I love Scolymias! For one thing they are pretty simple to keep and secondly they have some really dramatic colors.

Thanks again everyone.

Carl

Ahhh, a man after my own heart! A beautiful mixed reef...

Congratulations! Well deserved...:D

Ryan

I think your tank looks awesome, Congratulations on Tank of the Month.

How often do you have to trim back the coral battles for space.

I would love to see your tank in it's different stages along the way if you have a web page.

When I set up my basement sump, I had serious humidity issues and had to get a dehumidifier. how do you handle moisture in your basement?

Lordy Lordy! I just read my future. Your story is exactly where I see this wonderful hobby taking me. I can only hope for the same success I see in your set up. Very good!

cman,
Beautiful, I won't say tank,but entire system. Anyone in this hobby can easily see the research, thought, and hard work you have put into your system. You deserve this honor.

Back