The Bubble-Magus Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea you can mesh mod it, I have yet to do it, but i did mesh mod an APF600 i had with the same pump as well as an MCE600 and an MC500 with same pumps, and they all performed slightly better. They produced more foam, and was a lot darker skim! I think the performance would have been hella better if i would have taken some of the pins off before putting the mesh on. I did not want to do this to my 800 dollar skimmer though lol.

BM150 Alone performs really well though! i will post a few pics tonight of 5 days worth of skim on a dry setting, its plenty dark in my opinion ;) and this is from a tank that is only 4 weeks old.

Thanks.

Here is what 1 week of very dry skim looks like.... keep in mind my tank is about 4weeks old ;) im def impressed! and omg it stank!
IMG_4648.jpg

IMG_4647.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg

who wants a drink?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15498378#post15498378 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MADtanks
man you got that sucker skimming dry!!!! lol how old is your tank? my 150 will skim that much in about 48hrs but i have it a little more wet. My tank is 3 weeks old.

My tank is around 18 mth old. I am now skimming a bit wetter but I like a nice dark skimmate! Reminds me of Guinness.

I hear ya brotha, I set it to dry to see how much and how dark it would skim and def liked what i saw... but now going back to skimming a bit more wet.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15582437#post15582437 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RevHtree
Hey I was looking to get a NAC6 for a 60g frag tank. What do you guys think??

I ordered a NAC6 at the beginning of Aug. and still have not got it in, some kind of problems with customs. All I can tell you now is that if you want one get on the waiting list now.

My NAC6 arrived today. Can't wait to break it in and try it out. Gotta do the vinegar wash first. Its the new version that has the wider neck and supposedly much quieter. Hoping its much quieter than the Euro Reef RS-80 who's pump just broke. The Sedra 3500 was also not very quiet, compared to the Eheim 1262 return pump.

Will post pics in a day or two.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15584690#post15584690 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pitogo
My NAC6 arrived today. Can't wait to break it in and try it out. Gotta do the vinegar wash first. Its the new version that has the wider neck and supposedly much quieter. Hoping its much quieter than the Euro Reef RS-80 who's pump just broke. The Sedra 3500 was also not very quiet, compared to the Eheim 1262 return pump.

Will post pics in a day or two.

Where did you order yours from? Just wondering if mine will be on its way to.

Yes Nuocean. All I can say is wow. The build quality is nice and its so much easier to clean. My old ER RS-80 is a major PITA. I ran it for about 2 hours in vinegar, cleaned it up with RO water and its now in the sump with about 9" of water. I'll see how it does tonight as it builds up a head of foam. I don't know about the heat output but it is much much quieter than the RS-80 its replacing.

Reef Science also carries them. That is were I ordered mine from. I am going to give them a call today and see what the hold up is.

Go with Nuocean though, Chris is a great seller! he sent me the skimmer less than 18hrs after i hit the submit button!! ordered on a monday got the skimmer on a weds! Now thats service.

So I am considering a BM NAC6 but my sump is a 20L so it's only 12in deep. Is my sump going to be too shallow for me to run this skimmer right?

make your first baffle 10" and the rest a few inches lower..you should be fine without the sump overflowing when you shut off the pump...depending how submerged your return nozzle is
inside the tank..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back