the credibility factor

Cuz I saw it on the internet it must be true, right?

If I've learned ANYTHING from the internet it's how naive many people are!

Not just with reef stuff. Peoples... PLEASE do your homework and check for credibilty of what you're told before you act upon it.

God bless and Happy Holidays!

Abraham-Lincoln-Internet-Quote.png

I just love some of the fb crap, especially photoshopped pictures, pictures taken totally out of one part of the world and cited as another... and people believe this crap, smart people sometimes. Others? Well let's just talk their language and say Baaaaaa? The web was going to be "a free place for the spread of information!" Most of the time it is anything but that. On the flip side, there is a pile of good information that manages it's way through. I suppose the web is a wee bit like religion and many other things in that if we are going to have it, then we also expect the bad that comes along with the good.

If your referring to me I obtained that chalice directly from jason fox at the swap he attended in Syracuse a few years back. Had to remove from my display so I fragged it up and selling it so I can buy needed equipment.

This post isn't even true. Everything actually IS True on the internet! That's how dangerous this internet stuff is! There's people out there doing stuff that you don't even know about! That never happened before the internet.

Unless I'm missing something (which is incredibly possible), I don't think that it's about your coral sale. I think that it's just good advice.

We recommend things to eachother all the time, but everyone should do their homework before acting.

Everything changes over time. Sometimes for the worse!!!

Everything changes over time. Sometimes for the worse!!!

a>

Lol ok. Just thought the whole "FB and pictures taken from one part of the world and cited as another" comments were targeted towards me due to my recent sale where I used a link to jason fox's site as a photo reference because I don't own a camera where I can get an accurate picture. The timing must have just been coincidental.

No certainly not about any coral sale; most recently I'm thinking about ps photos of signs people are carrying. Many things likely start as humor in a somewhat inner circle that followers buy hook line and sinker. I get suckered too, the Norse ship found in St Louise got me. Anything that plays to what people would like to believe is easily propagated.

Santa invented the internet before Al Gore did. That's a fact. I trust him more than any politician. Therefore anything on the internet must be good like Santa.Just don't argue with me about it or I'll beat you up with lots' of irrelevant detail like an side argument on the wattage of Rudolph's nose or how many points he has on his antlers ,assault your character and integrity and make it totally unpleasant for you.

It often goes like that on the non local boards, unfortunately.

One critical skill in using these boards for information is developing an ability to sort the wheat from the chaff. There are many who echo bad advice and poor information giving it a life of it's own and are more interested in looking smart and/or getting attention than actually providing useful information on point. Some make honest mistakes in information too. Some extrapolate pet theories and notions in odd ways. Some attempt to bully others when questioned while hiding behind the anonymity of an avitar. It's always ok to ask How do you know that? and to keep a polite and healthy skepticism in play. It's important to differentiate between opinion and fact. There are some on the boards who always give real gold. It's up to the user to figure out whom to trust.

Last edited:
So in a round about way we keep fish correct ?? So we are fisherman to that point... So as the old saying states , all fishermen are liers. Trust know one !!!! Lol

Back