The Final build.... 210+ gallons of SPS Domination!

I appreciate the input my bordda.... I have a veriety of frozen right now including mixed food that i have prepared.... mix of different cube types, cyclops, nori, all soaked in selcon, then refrozen into cubes, but i will try out this new stuff i got yesterday with clams, sponges, mysis and few other goodies in it. I alredy feed flakes daily and every other day the fish are treated with a cube of veriety food. I still need to convince my wife to let me use her blender lmao.... need to buy a cheap one to make my own food.

Gmate i wanted to post pics man, but I redid some of the plumbing in my sump to make it quiet and not so much bubbles..... I am very satisfied with the outcome. A good friend and mentor in this hobby Gave me a ton of advice today, imidiately after i went to home depot lol My phone died and the lights went out so no pics tonight :(.....

However, the Regal nipped at some of the frozen food i put in the tank today and i actually moved him to the fuge bc the Scopas kept chasing him and i feel like that is hindering progress of getting him on frozen. I promise pics tomorrow for sure, to include a little video with the GoPro. I did one yesterday but the white balace is bananas and i need to do more video so i can just cut out the overly bright colors. I found some filters online too and might even try one of the other firmwares to see if i can get it to stabilize a bit.

Thanks.

Found my camera today!! and although I took a ton of pics I was shooting in RAW and dont have a converter installed at this time. Tomorrow i will find some software, and get it installed so i can finally upload some good quality pics.

Good to see you finally got all moved and settled in and now its time for the fun stuff. it's interesting to see you went back to a glass tank... :hammer:
Good luck in this endeavor, ill have to come back to the forums and check it out as time progresses. Looks good so far! :fish1:

-Bill

Thanks Bill, to be honest the only reason I setup the 210(glass) was because my father and mother gave it to me as a gift :), otherwise the plan was to build a 60X36X21ish.....

In the process of upgrading Skimmers since, the poor skimmer i have right now is working overtime lol..... Looking at something like BM 220 cone(eheim pump), or a SRO 3000, from the looks everyone is having great luck with those BB HY pumps.

Love the LED setup! This looks like it's going to be a killer system.

Thank you, I appreciate that.... i did spend a good amount of time fishing the wires through the aluminum square lol. I am not looking forward to doing it again with the T5 ballast!

Here are some pictures I took tonight. The colors are pretty close... I need to hurry with the dual T5 bulbs the pink color is killing me(due to the 6 Red LED's)

FTS: slime going away slowly but surely....
IMG_7713.jpg

The new Addition: quarantined right now... having a hard time making it eat :headwallblue:
IMG_7728.jpg

Filtration:
IMG_7729.jpg

Shot of knog just becuase.... lol 2days worth( need a bigger skimmer!)
IMG_7730.jpg

IMG_7731.jpg

CA Rx, ATO(tunze osmolator), and fresh water container: DIY water level

Frag tank, and Fuge:
IMG_7732.jpg

IMG_7722.jpg

IMG_7720.jpg

Nursing my babies back to health.... Left to right: Hawkins, GARF Bonsai, Tyree Purple Monster, Tyree Ponape, Valida Tricolor. Background My buddies Red Cap, and Purple Cap.... They were both really brown when they came in... now orange again, and the polyps on the purple are finally PURPLE lol.

I tried to get some footage with my GoPro but ever since i updated the firmware ithe exposure is terrible. its over exposed, and i cant make changes to it :(.... i need some lense filters to hopefully get some better video.

Thanks.

When I brought that cap to Madtanks it looked like an albino plate. Now it looks like some jersey shore punk all tanned up, Nice!! Thanks for bring it back to life man lol. In case you're wondering yes Pallobi that's the one I got from you before I got my new lights it should do better now with my new set up. Eric was nice enough to care for it before I hurt it any further

I got you Franky, a few Tunze 6105's, and maybe some T5(80" blue +) aught to do it lol.... no doubt man, looking good and better every day. The new growth is going over the dead one, so we are deff makin progress.

And to think, your first tank was my old 55 gallon...sniff.....you've come so far :D. Impressive set up Eric. Let us know if you need any help with that monster. God know you've helped us out of many a bind! That tank almost makes me want to set up another tank.....almost :lol:

Aww, that means a lot :), You guys have certainly been a huge inspiration to say the least! Anything i know now started from you and Roger(and still learning!), many years ago. Hope you guys had a great holiday! Happy new year

Same to you Rich. We'll have to get together again soon and have Roger fire up the smoker for some good old fashioned Southern BBQ (before the snow covers the smoker anyhow). :D

Thank you much appreciated.....

Today i put my Regal Angel, and scopas into the display, Hopefully the fighting between the yellow, and the scopas will chill out. It also looks like the yellow is going after the Regal, and that deff better stop! lol

You should record the battles and put them on reef central for a fee. It'll be like a fish-per-view. You can be rich think of all the upgrade money you can make lol. In this corner wearing yellow trunks out of Hawaii vs. the regal champion wearing stripes lmao. I want ringside seats

Had a chance to stop by this weekend and see your progress.i must say things have come a long ways since building the stand and moving the small swimming pool in to the living room lol .you were nice enough to show me your first set up at your old house that was sweet looking, now i'am sure your going to live up to your screen name madtanks because this tank will be mad sick!! Keep up the good work bro

I appreciate the Props and all the help bro!, hoping I can correct all the craziness of my Gopro so i can finally capture a nice video of the system.... the exposure, and white balance is terrible!

but working on it still.

I appreciate the Props and all the help bro!, hoping I can correct all the craziness of my Gopro so i can finally capture a nice video of the system.... the exposure, and white balance is terrible!

but working on it still.

Back