**The GHL Mitras LX7 LED**

I am now peaking at 87% for 4 hours out of my 12 hour photo period with a 16010k color spectrum. I am using power balancing so that some of the channels can exceed 100% output and have it set to High Output. At peak hours, the lights are only pulling about 85 watts per fixture which is pretty damn efficient as I am only drawing a total of about 506 watts for all 6 fixtures.FWIW.. I just submitted my GCC Composer light project to the light project sharing page and detailed my settings as part of the description. It should be available at the link below once GHL approves it.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/light-composer-projects/

For those of you guys running in HE mode (most seem like you are), what are your guys max output power at? When talking with Vinny, I didn't realize that the brightness set at your project is a percentage of the total output power you enter in the energy options setting, NOT a percentage of 100% of the lights.

Right now I'm running 51%, increasing 1% daily, out of my total output of 65% (so roughly 31% of the total power).

For those of you guys running in HE mode (most seem like you are), what are your guys max output power at? When talking with Vinny, I didn't realize that the brightness set at your project is a percentage of the total output power you enter in the energy options setting, NOT a percentage of 100% of the lights.

Right now I'm running 51%, increasing 1% daily, out of my total output of 65% (so roughly 31% of the total power).

The power settings threw me a little bit too. I got the HO vs. HE mode, but the max power in each mode vs. the percentages in the light project was a little unclear as far as how they affected each other. I'm running mine in HE mode, 100% max power. (Which I think 100% max power in HE mode is 130W vs. 195W in HO.) In the light project, Hyper-V, blues, and blue-white are just over 80%, the others are between 20-30%, color temp ~17K. The output power shows roughly 48-49W in the project, but doesn't seem right based on the settings.

The power settings threw me a little bit too. I got the HO vs. HE mode, but the max power in each mode vs. the percentages in the light project was a little unclear as far as how they affected each other. I'm running mine in HE mode, 100% max power. (Which I think 100% max power in HE mode is 130W vs. 195W in HO.) In the light project, Hyper-V, blues, and blue-white are just over 80%, the others are between 20-30%, color temp ~17K. The output power shows roughly 48-49W in the project, but doesn't seem right based on the settings.
Yeah it's a little strange and almost seems unnecessarily complicated.

Wait so you're max output total power in the energy options is 100%, and what is the brightness set for each point in your project?

Yes, the max output in energy options is set to 100 (Bumped up from default of 80) and they're running in high efficiency mode. I realized that it tied to the percentages in the light project when the brightness increased in the tank when I bumped the max power from 80 to 100 but didn't touch the project percentages or the mode. (Increased even more going from HE to HO mode.) Right now I have UV @ 25%, HyperV, blues, and blue white @ 82%, sky white 35%, cool white 20%, red/green 15%. (That runs for about 6-7 hours, with 1.5 hour ramps up/down.) The thing that confuses me is the power output displayed in the light project only showing 48W. Though, that reading doesn't seem to change even if I throw them into HO mode, so I'm not sure what exactly that correlates to.

What does yours look like here?

c3b2ad5abc608c7308d6f87662681029.png

What does yours look like here?

c3b2ad5abc608c7308d6f87662681029.png

Forgot about that part. I have the brightness level at 100%. The level of control on these lights is pretty over the top. I didn't even adjust the overdrive settings where you can run certain channels past 100%, etc. (Similar to what AI has on the hd hydras.)

Forgot about that part. I have the brightness level at 100%. The level of control on these lights is pretty over the top. I didn't even adjust the overdrive settings where you can run certain channels past 100%, etc. (Similar to what AI has on the hd hydras.)
Ahh, so you are running 100% of 100% power then, gotcha. Vinny did however say that in HE mode the real output area is somewhere in the ballpark of 70% of the absolute total power of the lights, (at least that's what I understood from him), so that's a factor too then.

I haven't even touched the overdrive settings either, I'm just leaving it default.

These lights are amazing in a ton of different aspects, but damn if it isn't confusing with some things lol

Hey Guys and Gals,

I just tried to replicate the CoralLab AB+ profile on the Mitras tonight. It is very basic and follows their 9 hour photoperiod; which has a 1 hour ramp up and down with 7 hours of the same spectrum. The spectrum is at roughly 16-17k during the main 7 hours of lighting.

If you have or have had the Radions and have run the CoralLab AB+ profile in the past please let me know how closely I have matched it to their profile. I would like to tweak it a bit and it can be difficult without a frame of reference especially when the Radion and the Mitra has different LEDs.

Would anyone be interested in testing it out with me?

Please PM me with your email address and I will send you the profile.

Ahh, so you are running 100% of 100% power then, gotcha. Vinny did however say that in HE mode the real output area is somewhere in the ballpark of 70% of the absolute total power of the lights, (at least that's what I understood from him), so that's a factor too then.

I haven't even touched the overdrive settings either, I'm just leaving it default.

These lights are amazing in a ton of different aspects, but damn if it isn't confusing with some things lol

Yeah, that is the way I undetstand it as well. HO mode set at 100% max. would be 100% power if all channels were also at 100% as well as brightness. It is interesting that you can adjust the overall brightness while keeping all the individual color values at the same percentages.

Hey Guys and Gals,

I just tried to replicate the CoralLab AB+ profile on the Mitras tonight. It is very basic and follows their 9 hour photoperiod; which has a 1 hour ramp up and down with 7 hours of the same spectrum. The spectrum is at roughly 16-17k during the main 7 hours of lighting.

If you have or have had the Radions and have run the CoralLab AB+ profile in the past please let me know how closely I have matched it to their profile. I would like to tweak it a bit and it can be difficult without a frame of reference especially when the Radion and the Mitra has different LEDs.

Would anyone be interested in testing it out with me?

Please PM me with your email address and I will send you the profile.

I own both lights and what I did with the Mitras is just followed what Radion did with the AB+ which is all blues at 100% and the whites/red/green at 24%. That will be close enough. I've since tweaked my Mitras a bit, but not because I was trying to more closely match the AB+ schedule, just for personal preference.

I'm on the fence now, this is making my decision almost impossible. Either the GHL LX7 or the Kessil AP700.... True life problems, LOL

I'm on the fence now, this is making my decision almost impossible. Either the GHL LX7 or the Kessil AP700.... True life problems, LOL

Lol, I had the same problem a month or so ago when trying to decide on new lights (I considered others too.) I think what sold me on these (Especially after seeing Dennis's nice write up) is the puck layout, no disco effect, and the level of control you get with their configuration app (It's like a tweaker's wet dream.)

Lol, I had the same problem a month or so ago when trying to decide on new lights (I considered others too.) I think what sold me on these (Especially after seeing Dennis's nice write up) is the puck layout, no disco effect, and the level of control you get with their configuration app (It's like a tweaker's wet dream.)

Yes, this write up is what made seriously consider the GHL lights.

Is the "Disco" effect you are referring to the "Shimmer" on the Kessil lights? And if so, what causes the disco/shimmer effect on some lights and not others?

Yes, this write up is what made seriously consider the GHL lights.

Is the "Disco" effect you are referring to the "Shimmer" on the Kessil lights? And if so, what causes the disco/shimmer effect on some lights and not others?

The disco effect I was referring to is when you start see some of the individual led colors on the sandbed as opposed to a uniform blend. Both these and the kessils blend quite well. The Mitras don't have quite the same metallic shimmer as the Kessils, though.

Back