the guys from tanked and petco are joining forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh i agree- i thought the reporting language was hyperbolic, and using 'bloodthirsty sharks' does no shark service. but it (the article)did manage to illustrate the stupidity of those involved in this 'fracas' quite well. trashing lookdowns for shark food in an aquarium because one's an ignoramus angers me just as much as what happened to the sharks.

it all reeks of no one in that story having a shred of respect or appreciation for what they're keeping, or doing to what they're keeping

They might train the initial people yet have you ever seen the high rate of employee turnover . This endeavor wll bite the dust and end up killing many more fish. But really how many on RC vwould even buy their sick fish. I did when they had them many years ago and ended with eels with ick

I have never had a sick fish from Petco. I bought 4 fish from Petco, and only lost 1. The one I lost was after 6 hours transporting in 3 states. I see no issue with buying fish there, the fish are much healthier and happier there than at any fish store for 120 miles around my home.

Even my young daughter(13) says they are disorganized. It must be a individual store that you have . But several around us are just one man shows. The personnel are just like those at McDonald's

Even my young daughter(13) says they are disorganized. It must be a individual store that you have . But several around us are just one man shows. The personnel are just like those at McDonald's

Why you are so right Louis. Since the stores in your immediate area are bad, than the entire chain sucks. I am so sorry that in my travels (29 states so far) since I started this job in 2008, and in fact very few stores are like everyone describes

Lol, railcar I can confirm that every petco in my state that I have been to has been a oodinium factory. So maybe its a Midwest thing? I highly doubt it though. The corporate policies put in place doom every petco store. Unless the employees are breaking policy, the store is disease ridden and I personally would never buy my fish there. Of coarse this goes for many fish stores... I trust only a few people in this industry for a reason.

Duh! So don't shop there. All y'all need to get a life and tend to your fishes. If conditions are so bad contact the ASPCA, Humane Society, etc.

Do you think I would ever shop there? Never. Do I look, sure I do. ASPCA doesn't care and frankly has no idea what fish suffering looks like. We need to as an industry to self regulate like SCUBA. Bad fish stores should be weeded out. Credible fish stores should thrive.

Do you think I would ever shop there? Never. Do I look, sure I do. ASPCA doesn't care and frankly has no idea what fish suffering looks like. We need to as an industry to self regulate like SCUBA. Bad fish stores should be weeded out. Credible fish stores should thrive.

Ah, yes...the answer to everything...REGULATE IT. Let's not go there, enough time has been wasted already in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back