The Life Reef Skimmer Club

Man these people need to get it straight!

So is urs pretty quiet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm awaiting my sump room buildout. I'm about a 1-2 weeks out from getting that done and will be running it then. I'll be testing it out first as a return but will be swapping it in with my skimmer with a couple other pumps to test.

Pumps I'll be testing on my MTC MVX 36"
1. Mag1800
2. Waveline DC12000 (has the highest rated head height)
3 .Jebao 15000 (has about the same head height as the mag 1800 but like over twice the flow rate. )

Khazmodain. What pump did you decide on. I'm going to be putting at 60" in use soon on a 300 gallon and curious what your using. I'm looking to use an in sump pump to feed the skimmer which will be behind the wall of the tank. Also thinking of using a Jecod DCT 12000. Any one have any thoughts/opinions?
Thanks

I'm running a DCT12000 on a 36" and would suggest something more powerful. Don't get me wrong, it does a great job, just don't think it's powerful enough to take it up to 60".

I'm running a DCT12000 on a 36" and would suggest something more powerful. Don't get me wrong, it does a great job, just don't think it's powerful enough to take it up to 60".

is yours turned all the way up?? 3100gph ??

i just got a M1 and im thinking of using that for my 36". wondering if mine will be enough now!

Pumps I'll be testing on my MTC MVX 36"
1. Mag1800
2. Waveline DC12000 (has the highest rated head height)
3 .Jebao 15000 (has about the same head height as the mag 1800 but like over twice the flow rate. )

You should also consider a Fluval Seas SP4, its 1800 gph @ 0 ft of head. Mag pumps get their flow rates when using 1.5" tubing

You should also consider a Fluval Seas SP4, its 1800 gph @ 0 ft of head. Mag pumps get their flow rates when using 1.5" tubing
I'm not sure thats totally true. Ive seen that posted before too. Maybe by you? lol

True if you want to see that 1800 gph at 0 head thats based on a theoretical 1.5" pipe. The outlet on the Mag18 is 3/4. When you look at the head height charts they list it at 1500gph at 0 head. And comparing the SP4 vs mag18 the mag does much better at the higher head pressure.

Not saying the fluval pump is bad or cant get the job done. If I find a SP6 for a good price I would love to try it out.

FYI I will also be playing with the setup as well as stock config. I have another mazzei injector I will be trying. Along with using 1" pipe to the injectors.

How many of you are using the CLF1 with your lifereef skimmer. Any tips/tricks to share? I've had a diy sump for years and a local reefer made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

How many of you are using the CLF1 with your lifereef skimmer. Any tips/tricks to share? I've had a diy sump for years and a local reefer made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Jeff recommends using soft plumbing to his sumps, I'm running the LFS1 200

is a svs3-24 inch lifereef skimmer to powerfull for an 80 gallon tank with a 25 gallon sump? and which pump would you recommend if it have to be as silent as possible?

best regards Mads

is a svs3-24 inch lifereef skimmer to powerfull for an 80 gallon tank with a 25 gallon sump? and which pump would you recommend if it have to be as silent as possible?

best regards Mads
I'm using my svs -24 on roughly 145 gallon system .105 display 20 fuge and 20 sump. It works great. I use a mag 12. The pump you can hear a little. But it's not bad. All other pumps are dc. And qd mp40s. So the tank is dead silent. The skimmer works well so I hesitate to change the pump.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm using my svs -24 on roughly 145 gallon system .105 display 20 fuge and 20 sump. It works great. I use a mag 12. The pump you can hear a little. But it's not bad. All other pumps are dc. And qd mp40s. So the tank is dead silent. The skimmer works well so I hesitate to change the pump.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

great, thank you. The thing is that Jeff told me that he cannot get pumps in any electrical but 110 volts, and we does not support that here in denmark were I live. So I am forced to find another pump.

SO! I have been researching and while I did that, I fell in love in the thought of owning a lifereef skimmer. But there is a problem. It is going to cost me 1050 dollars to buy the product + some small upgrades, shipping to Denmark and taxes and fees, and that is without a pump. If you had to be totally honest, if you were in my position, would you buy it? is it worth that much?

I really hope you can help me because I can't seem to make up my mind... :uhoh3:

What are the comps costing you over there?

I can't say I would spend 1K plus on a skimmer when my comparables are around 400 but that said if my other options were all around 700-1K then I would have no issue spending a couple hundred more for a lifereef. It all depends on what the delta is for you and what you are comfortable spending.

We all spend money on dumb crap for our tanks yet balk at an initial purchase of a high end piece of equipment.

SO! I have been researching and while I did that, I fell in love in the thought of owning a lifereef skimmer. But there is a problem. It is going to cost me 1050 dollars to buy the product + some small upgrades, shipping to Denmark and taxes and fees, and that is without a pump. If you had to be totally honest, if you were in my position, would you buy it? is it worth that much?

I really hope you can help me because I can't seem to make up my mind... :uhoh3:

Personal opinion is all you are going to get here. For you in this situation a Deltec of similar cost would be my preference.

I know it is a personal question I just hink it will help me to make op my mind.

I can get a bk mini 160 for 750 dollars and a rlss r61 for 572 dollars.

The things is that I know that I am going to upgrade my tank in 2 - 3 years when I have finished my education and can call myself an psychologist and then the lifereef would be a great skimmer as I only had to upgrade the pump and not the skimmer.

I dont mind spending some cash on a good quality skimmer as long as it is efficient and reliable, if you know what I mean

Back