The Life Reef Skimmer Club

Tallest I can fit is the base model which appears 22.5" from bottom to cup top. Any taller than that and I don't know I'll be able to fit it under the stand or remove the cup with ease ect. Is he able to modify footprints? I'm working with about a 8"X11" footprint at absolute max. If I'm going to be hunting in the $400-500 range a lifereef is definitely at the top of the list, but it will be a struggle to fit one based on their standard specs
I have the svs-24. I thought it was 24in. But I could be mistaken. Or it could be the flange sits in 1.5in. And you need 24in all together to remove the cup. But 8x11 will work. I have mine in a 7.75 x 12. Area. And really need 8 x 10 to fit everything. And that's with the larger mag 12

I have the svs-24. I thought it was 24in. But I could be mistaken. Or it could be the flange sits in 1.5in. And you need 24in all together to remove the cup. But 8x11 will work. I have mine in a 7.75 x 12. Area. And really need 7.5 x 10 to fit everything. And that's with the larger mag 12

The 24 " model is 24" at the top of the cup but you will need about 3 more inches to remove the cup due to the design of the neck

I don't think you will need to worry about the neck cleaner. I don't have issues with the neck getting dirty and don't reallt notice anything when I do my quarterly cleanings...

Thanks for the replies and the feed back. I have ordered a custom cup. It is 10'' in diam and 10'' tall. The extra 2'' in height may be the breaking point of either running the skimmer really wet or, if running it dry the foam column may not reach the top. My thought was if I keep the neck clean it will aid a dryer skim to reach the top.
Anyone have the diam of the neck?

Just joined the LifeReef Club. SVS-24 and LF1-300S w/ 24" lifereefugium. Large collection cup and filter cylinders are on the way. Plumbing down into the basement fish room. Upgrading my 75 gallon to a 150 gallon 60x24x24 SC Aquarium arriving in May. I'm excited to get this thing going!

Make sure to budget in shipping when ordering, or atleast ask. My buddy was charged $59 in shipping...ouch.

It was safely packaged that's for sure, but dang it man lol

Make sure to budget in shipping when ordering, or atleast ask. My buddy was charged $59 in shipping...ouch.

It was safely packaged that's for sure, but dang it man lol

Jeff passes shipping costs through. He doesn't make money on it. You are entirely right, they are PERFECTLY packaged. No damage happening to these bad boys!

Just joined the LifeReef Club. SVS-24 and LF1-300S w/ 24" lifereefugium. Large collection cup and filter cylinders are on the way. Plumbing down into the basement fish room. Upgrading my 75 gallon to a 150 gallon 60x24x24 SC Aquarium arriving in May. I'm excited to get this thing going!

The filter cylinders for me didn't work the best. Plus it's hard to know when their clogged cause they exit under the water line. But I did buy the biopellets reactor from him and that works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Can my lifereef svs24-v2 cause a salinity drop? I don't have any salt creep but my salinity drops from 1.026 to 1.023 in a month. I skim a little wet and I normally dump 1/2 to 1 liter a week of dark skim.

Back