The Life Reef Skimmer Club

Any skimmer can drop salinity if you are removing water from the tank by skimming wet and replacing that water with rodi in your ato

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Can my lifereef svs24-v2 cause a salinity drop? I don't have any salt creep but my salinity drops from 1.026 to 1.023 in a month. I skim a little wet and I normally dump 1/2 to 1 liter a week of dark skim.
When I do waterchanges I usually keep a gallon or 2 of the salt water in 1 gallon containers. So if I'm skimming wet and I remove a 1/2 gallon of really wet skimmate I'll just add 1/2 gallon of saltwater to sump.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I do a 30g water change once a month on my 90g. For some reason I thought skimmate did not remove a significant amount of salt from the water. The normal 1/2 liter of skim is so dark you can not see through it. I'm new to the lifereef family and I'm still learning ;)

I'm about to pull the trigger and join the LifeReef skimmer club. I talked to Jeff yesterday and was very impressed. Going to go with a VS3-72" for my 400g display which will be a relatively heavily stocked FOWLR system. Now I just need to figure out the pump.

The skimmer will be behind the scenes but I'm still slightly concerned with noise from a Blueline/Iwaki pump. I have several pumps laying around which I'm wondering if I could use instead. Can these be fed/powered by an in sump pump? I have a Mag Drive 36 (3600 gph) which isn't being used (when run submerged it isn't terribly loud). Are any of the Reeflo pumps a viable option? I believe the Sword Tail is pressure rated and pushes 1750 gph at 155w.. which seems to be a favorable alternative to the Blueline 70 which pushes 1750 at 290w.

Any pump advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Skimmer order is placed. Still trying to figure out the pump. Has anyone had success with DC pumps? Or is there too much head pressure on a 72" skimmer for a DC pump? I didn't intend to go super cheap but if it works I think a Jebao/Jecod DCT 15000 could be an attractive option. At only 105w it puts out 3962 GPH @ 0 ft / 2630 @ 5 ft / 1405 @ 10 ft. I'm just not sure what kind of head pressure I'm trying to battle with and what type of flow I really need.

Any advice from an experienced LifeReef user would be appreciated!

Thanks!

The Life Reef Skimmer Club

I'm running a DCT12000 on a 36". Shocked at the gunk it was pulling out of my tank with hardly any bio load! I did have an issue (it kept resetting on ramp up) with the pump after 4 days of use but I managed to get a replacement and touch wood it's working ok since for the past 6 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running a DCT12000 on a 36". Shocked at the gunk it was pulling out of my tank with hardly any bio load! I did have an issue (it kept resetting on ramp up) with the pump after 4 days of use but I managed to get a replacement and touch wood it's working ok since for the past 6 weeks.

Cool I'm thinking of getting a 36" too.

Any humming noise from that pump?

Are you running this wide open ?

Geez. There is money to be made in a leasing model for reef tech with the rate of change these days... My pump is only 6 weeks old and I need an update to a silent version for no reason :)

61d44bdf8a1004342cf8cb271900ebff.jpg

http://m.fish-street.com/jebao_dcs_silent_swirl_dc_pump

Says DCS is 2015 and DCT is 2014

61d44bdf8a1004342cf8cb271900ebff.jpg

http://m.fish-street.com/jebao_dcs_silent_swirl_dc_pump

Says DCS is 2015 and DCT is 2014

I have to believe that's a typo. I just got a DCT 15000 which was labeled everywhere as the 2015 model. The DCS is the older model and is Apex controllable. The DCT is the newer model and awaiting an Apex compatable controller, still...

Also, from fish street:

http://www.fish-street.com/jebao_dctdcs_water_return_pump?search_string=DCT

What Difference for the Jebao DC Pump and DCT Pump ?

DC Pump is produce on 2013. DCT Pump is produce on 2015.

For the DCT Pump have a new technology move all electricity parts to controller. Make the DCT Pump more stable. High Power with the Pump not affection electricity issue. New ECO Technology using environment materials for build. Provides more safety and reduce the leak issue!

High Recommend for DCT Pump Now !

New Controller Arrived in our website (Difficut in Youtube Video)

DCT/DCS3000 Controller from 900Litres to 3000Litres Order Here

DCT/DCS4000 Controller from 2837Litres to 4000Litres Order Here

DCS5000 Controller from 3800Litres to 5000 Litres

DCT6000 Controller from 4200Litres to 6000Litres

DCS7000 Controller from 5200Litres to 7000Litres

DCT8000 Controller from 6000 Litres to 8000Litres

DCT12000 Controller from 8000Litres to 12000Litres

DCT15000 Controller from 9000Litres to 15000Litres

Back