The Life Reef Skimmer Club

2931e2c9fa38ce178bc6bb5a3c05e203.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I joined the Lifereef club recently.
Skimmer been up and running since Tuesday March 18th
VS3-72 custom colors to match my apex. Talking to Jeff about a waste container to match.
The pump I have is too small jebeo dct 9000 what is everybody using on their 72's this thread is too big to sort through.
IMG_0631.JPG

I joined the Lifereef club recently.

Skimmer been up and running since Tuesday March 18th

VS3-72 custom colors to match my apex. Talking to Jeff about a waste container to match.

The pump I have is too small jebeo dct 9000 what is everybody using on their 72's this thread is too big to sort through.

IMG_0631.JPG

On skimmers that size most people are using pumps rated in excess of 15' head pressure rating and a minimum of about 1200 gph. Something like an iwaki 40rlxt or a jebao 15000. The new jebao dcp 18000 would be awesome as well with its 30' head height rating. The reason the recommended jebaos are in excess of 3000 gph pumps where the iwaki is about 1300 gph is that the iwaki is a pressure rated pump.

haanstang Welcome to Reef Central, heck of a first post, nice skimmer.

Thanks
I'm in a 1 1/2 year build so far.
I didn't need the skimmer yet but wanted to get it out of the way. And couldn't resist trying it out on my current system. Ordered a DCP 18000 that I'll run for a return pump but want to try it on the skimmer to see if I like it. It will be here on Monday.
Jeff talked me into a blue line 70 hd for the skimmer but haven't ordered it yet

Has anyone bought a skimmer neck cleaner for the 8" cup? If so which one?

It looks like the avast marine (small swabbie) will fit in the neck but I don't know how long it is.
I emailed them but haven't received a reply.

Is there such thing as too much flow? I have a Deepwater BLDC15 collecting dust and was thinking of putting it on my svs3-24.

Thoughts?

Deepwater-Aquatics-BLDC15-DC-Brushless-Water-Pump-96.jpg

My lifereef has a sweet spot at 900-1000 gph. That is the good thing about a DC pum. I have tried running it full speed and it doesnt skim as good as it does at 900-1000gph.

Back