The Life Reef Skimmer Club

Going into beast mode! Can't wait to get the Mazzei on this puppy!!
84db0a9c99d58d455bf4fc5f4e95f2b1.jpg
223b427b14d55ca259fbf4fd1ea92be4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Just installed the 24 inch skimmer in my 40 breeder tank. It's a bit much to squeeze into the 20 long sump but it has a bigger home coming in the future.
ee982a62456009f31394b05a0ede89b4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That was always my only gripe with these skimmers..Although they're great they're just so darn big..Hard to have anything else in the sump because of these.

Media Reactors -

For those of you using the Lifereef Media Reactors, what do you think of them?

I got two originally with my sump back in 2004 and used them for a little while but found them difficult to empty and rinse and they seemed to clog quickly. Now, 15 years later, I'm thinking of going back to them to simplify my setup a bit and save some space. I've been using the double BRS reactor.

Mickey

Hi. New here. I have an SV 24 in sump skimmer in 8" of water with a mag 12 pump. My problem is my skimmer was running great skimmate just a little wet. Then started producing lots of bubbles. The body of the skimmer is full of bubbles all the way to the bottom. I have opened the gate valve all the way open still all bubbles. What is going on ??

Hi. New here. I have an SV 24 in sump skimmer in 8" of water with a mag 12 pump. My problem is my skimmer was running great skimmate just a little wet. Then started producing lots of bubbles. The body of the skimmer is full of bubbles all the way to the bottom. I have opened the gate valve all the way open still all bubbles. What is going on ??

How long has it been running? They can take a bit of time to break in, but this sounds like it may have been effected by something other than the skimmer. Has anything else been added to the tank when this is happening? i.e. foods, trace elements, aminos, your hands, new pump???

A photo of the body of the skimmer might help as well.

Hello all, have a quick question in regards to pump I should be using with SVS2-24 skimmer. I have Mag 9.5 available to me that I bought ages ago (10+ years) but havent used for more than maybe 6 months. I know that this is pump that is recommended by LR, but wanted to see if there are any other pumps that I could be looking into as well. I was playing with idea of running DC pump as well, something cheaper like Jebao, but not sure if I should just use Mag that I have, even though it is really old (but works fine)

I used a Mag 9.5 for years, but if you have the space the Vectra M1 is incredible especially if you upgrade to the mazzei venturi.

I would think the Jebao would have similar performance.

Jecod DCT-6000 running at max on my -24 (75 gal reef) for a couple years now without a hitch.

I run it 22 hours a day (shuts off every morning at 6am for coffee time!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lifereef skimmer

lifereef skimmer

I just ordered mine today along with his sump. I found it made more sense. I don't have much of a nitrate problem. I may use part of the return section of the sump and put in some microalgea just cause. other than the return pump being in there and the skimmer in the other section there should be some space for it until I get the refugiom for it.

Anyone got response from Jeff in last 2 weeks... been trying to get a timeline for my skimmer delivery after I ordered it... he said was shipping this week but no invoice or anything yet.. no email response ..my skimmer I was using just died 4 days ago .. so trying to get grip on the time frame

That is really unusual for him. Even if he went on vacation he would normally announce that. Looks like the build schedule hasn't been updated on the website either.

I hope everything is ok...very strange.

New lifereef skimmer

New lifereef skimmer

I just ordered the berlinsump an skimmer. On Jeff's site for running an air pump from outside to the airline of the skimmer around a 20 feet draw from the air pump which will be outside to the skimmer . Is the air pump really neccasary? Also jeff is around ordered it 2 weeks ago.

I ordered the lifereef CLF1 Compact Berlin System, SVS3-24/Mag9.5 skimmer, Mag18 return/refugium supply. i'm thinking the mag18 will be to much flow for the return. since my new tank is only rated up to 700 gph. "This unit is engineered to maximize water flow to the main filter system by drawing water from the top and bottom levels of the aquarium for flow rates up to 700 GPH, while keeping all components protected and hidden by Corner-Flo walls. Includes: Pre-Drilled Aquarium, factory-installed back-corner walls which are siliconed into the aquarium & complete plumbing kit. " Jeff recommended the mag18 for the return pipe. to much flow for the return?

I ordered the lifereef CLF1 Compact Berlin System, SVS3-24/Mag9.5 skimmer, Mag18 return/refugium supply. i'm thinking the mag18 will be to much flow for the return. since my new tank is only rated up to 700 gph. "This unit is engineered to maximize water flow to the main filter system by drawing water from the top and bottom levels of the aquarium for flow rates up to 700 GPH, while keeping all components protected and hidden by Corner-Flo walls. Includes: Pre-Drilled Aquarium, factory-installed back-corner walls which are siliconed into the aquarium & complete plumbing kit. " Jeff recommended the mag18 for the return pipe. to much flow for the return?

Is the Mag18 only serving as a return pump or is it also supplying water to reactors?

If it is solely.acting as a return pump, I would just place a gate valve on the output side of the pump and dial in your preferred flow rate. You might also consider plumbing in a manifold for future equipment that could be plumbed off the single pump.

mag18 pump

mag18 pump

Is the Mag18 only serving as a return pump or is it also supplying water to reactors?

If it is solely.acting as a return pump, I would just place a gate valve on the output side of the pump and dial in your preferred flow rate. You might also consider plumbing in a manifold for future equipment that could be plumbed off the single pump.

good idea on building amanifold for future equipt. I counld run my cheato reactor off it.

I got the marineland 75 g reef ready tank. with one return pipe and one return jet. I thought looking for a connector and one return jet at one end. and the other end run another pvc pipe to the other end and put in a second return jet. not sure if that would work but curious if It would. but I also thought it would look ugly also.

hey guys BTW i got mu skimmer yesterday ... Jeff had family thing happen where it took hi away from the business side of things ... he called me and we connected .... anyways got my SVS3-24 and i have question... i run it with Jebao DCT 10000 at 70% which is about 1800-1900 GPH if i am not mistaking.....question is what are you guys running on your skimmer GPH wise for the once that have SVS3-24?

I run my lifereef with a Mag 18 , and it works perfect. I just adjust flow with gate valve on output on skimmer

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Back