The Life Reef Skimmer Club

Life reef skimmers draw wet air trough skimmer cup? Did anyone notice difference in ph vs drawing fresh air?

PH is the absolute last thing to worry about IMO. On that note, I have 8-8.3 PH, it still pulls fresh air in but by pulling through the skimmer. It really cuts down on the smell of the skimmate in the room

What are drawbacks on that system then? If wet air helps with deposits in venturi, and less smell from cup like you say, why more manufacturers do not use it? I saw that only on life reef and some atb models, i mean, it just take short piece of hose and/or few pvc fittings on any skimmer to make that

I added a 4.5" extension a while back and now run the Venturi line through a BRS CO2 scrubber. The moist air both keeps the Venturi clear and help extend the life of the CO2 media in my case.
IMG_20191121_190439_756.jpg

I didn't order the refugium with the skimmer and sump. Can that be added later or should I contact jeff and let him know I plan on getting the refugium later?

Got a SVS3-36 coming along with a Vectra M2 to power it! Looking forward to trying out this skimmer. Had an Aqua-C awhile back(different tank) and loved it but they have since gone away and this seems to be a good old school skimmer. Jeff was great and helped me decide on the smaller 36" when I had been thinking of the 48 for my 300DD and custom 90 gallon sump.

lifereef

lifereef

just got the tank delivered today. looks like jeff is set to start my build of skimmer and sump next week. to much todo. gfci outlet and setup the tank and decide on the back ground. window tint or something else.

Got a SVS3-36 coming along with a Vectra M2 to power it! Looking forward to trying out this skimmer. Had an Aqua-C awhile back(different tank) and loved it but they have since gone away and this seems to be a good old school skimmer. Jeff was great and helped me decide on the smaller 36" when I had been thinking of the 48 for my 300DD and custom 90 gallon sump.

Oh yea, 36" will be plenty.

Need some help please... I just figure out how to plumb this sump to my tank. Jeff included 1 inch tubing just can't figure out how to plum it to my marineland 75 reef ready corner flow tank.

I'm plumbing my sump to my tank. But can't figure out how to do it. Here's a few pics. Ine is the return and the other pic is the return pipe and overflow pipe.

I don't see any pictures. If you're having trouble uploading pictures, get the taptalk app it makes it much easier.

Easy. 2 holes inside the overflow box.
The larger hole in the overflow box on the tank is the drain to the sump.
The smaller is the return line. It will come up inside the overflow box& exit back into the tank. Usually through the 1/2 round hole in the box itself. Many use lockline on the end of this pipe to direct the flow.
Bulkheads will connect the piping through the holes in the tank.

Finally got it plumbed. Just gonna go and get 1 clamp tomorrow. Then a leak test tomorrow night. The will be ready to transfer old tank to new tank...

I used a Mag 9.5 for years, but if you have the space the Vectra M1 is incredible especially if you upgrade to the mazzei venturi.

I would think the Jebao would have similar performance.

What "speed"/"Percent" do you run your M1? I'm just hooking my VS3-24 up with a M2... I started at 100% but I think that was just too much air. I've reduced it down to 40% and visually, I think I like the bubbles size and turbulence. I've only ever used venturi or DD skimmers, so I have an idea of what I'm looking for in skim.

I'm breaking it in on my QT system before moving it to my main display, so we'll see where this setting lands in the next couple of days as the slime coat starts to build, but am interested in other LifeReef / Vectra M1/2 settings, that other hobbyist are using.

Thanks

What "speed"/"Percent" do you run your M1? I'm just hooking my VS3-24 up with a M2... I started at 100% but I think that was just too much air. I've reduced it down to 40% and visually, I think I like the bubbles size and turbulence. I've only ever used venturi or DD skimmers, so I have an idea of what I'm looking for in skim.

I'm breaking it in on my QT system before moving it to my main display, so we'll see where this setting lands in the next couple of days as the slime coat starts to build, but am interested in other LifeReef / Vectra M1/2 settings, that other hobbyist are using.

Thanks

I am currently at 80% and might drop to 70-75%. Overall I felt the drop from 95, where I started, to 80 was a great improvement.

I don't see any pictures. If you're having trouble uploading pictures, get the taptalk app it makes it much easier.
Okay here is what I got. Then one more question. I have 4 holes in the back of the sump. Bim guessing for ato and dosing. Which I don't have at the moment. So which ones do I want to use. Thank you.
6de7ac785f50ce9a23bd03714a8466c6.jpg
d0c1741cff7ff28045ca46c673f0e1dd.jpg
541b3a4fd692715f038d69b82b2959f3.jpg
da98c44d520f7a8b2b3174f6a3027cf3.jpg

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Back