The Scleractinia Shallows

You see how everyone from aus turns on their fellow aussie reefer when he crows about having something the rest of us don't............ this is what we like to call 'tall poppy syndrome'.
If another aussie attempts to stick up for Dom whilst he's being 'poppied' - (it's far from over) that guy will not be able to reason with the 'poppers' but instead will find himself also come under fire from his fellow countrymen.

Just a little bit of useful info for those of you unaware of what is going on.......

Sorry for the interruption and i'll now return you to Dom's Gone With the Wind romance journal where Rhett has just wasted the voucher Scarlett gave him on a pile of garbage........

Chapter two...............

Looking better and better Dom! Look forward to seeing that sump mate, the tank is looking cool from your casual photo on Andrews journal, I can see all the equipment and dosers, looks super clean, great job, a tank set up for future success! Cheers

You see how everyone from aus turns on their fellow aussie reefer when he crows about having something the rest of us don't............ this is what we like to call 'tall poppy syndrome'.
If another aussie attempts to stick up for Dom whilst he's being 'poppied' - (it's far from over) that guy will not be able to reason with the 'poppers' but instead will find himself also come under fire from his fellow countrymen.

Just a little bit of useful info for those of you unaware of what is going on.......

Sorry for the interruption and i'll now return you to Dom's Gone With the Wind romance journal where Rhett has just wasted the voucher Scarlett gave him on a pile of garbage........

Chapter two...............
:lmao::lol::lmao:

No wonder everyone is picking on me so much :sad1: I always thought it was the read hair :wildone:

Looking better and better Dom! Look forward to seeing that sump mate, the tank is looking cool from your casual photo on Andrews journal, I can see all the equipment and dosers, looks super clean, great job, a tank set up for future success! Cheers
Getting there Perry :) The uglies are slowly dying back and the snails are as horny as anything :lolspin: there's eggs everywhere! Corals are all growing and the clams have put on shell (I REALLY need to start dosing lol). Once I get the sump there will be some big changes and hopefully it'll turn out as nicely as I'm hoping! lol

+1,perry said exactly what was on my mind mate:beer:

Just...please don't wear those boots again:p:p

:lmao::lol::lmao:

No wonder everyone is picking on me so much :sad1: I always thought it was the red hair :wildone:

Just collect their souls and be done with it.

Once you have their souls, they'll be much more docile and appreciative of your efforts. If they grovel enough to suit you, you can give them their souls back...but keep that part quiet. We dont word to get out that it can be done, otherwise we'll all be getting harassed to give souls back....

ETA - The wrasses look awesome!

+1,perry said exactly what was on my mind mate:beer:

Just...please don't wear those boots again:p:p
Cheers Mike, I can't make any decent guarantee about not wearing the boots again though :facepalm: They just keep my tootsies so warms! :crazy1:

Just collect their souls and be done with it.

Once you have their souls, they'll be much more docile and appreciative of your efforts. If they grovel enough to suit you, you can give them their souls back...but keep that part quiet. We dont word to get out that it can be done, otherwise we'll all be getting harassed to give souls back....

ETA - The wrasses look awesome!
That's very true, I like your line of thinking there :uzi: Only my favourites may get freed haha

Thanks man :) I'm pretty happy with them! They're eating like pigs and my earmuff is so much braver now which is awesome as she's too pretty to be hiding lol

Dom, you have the nicest wrasse in Aus.
Between your wrasse, your boots and your red hair, you're one sexy Aussie reef dude!!
That's all reef bro luv, dude!
Now, enough about your anatomy!!
I wanna see your reef!! :)

I agree Dom, you have a nice wrasse.
eyes.png

:lmao::lmao:
So true bud,can't say how i know it but you're sooo right!
I just won't take pictures anymore :lolspin:

Dom, you have the nicest wrasse in Aus.
Between your wrasse, your boots and your red hair, you're one sexy Aussie reef dude!!
That's all reef bro luv, dude!
Now, enough about your anatomy!!
I wanna see your reef!! :)
If I were a naive man I would almost think you were coming on to me Matt :eek: :lol2:
Thanks Matt :beer: the wrasse are definitely loving life and smashing the food like no tomorrow :)

I agree Dom, you have a nice wrasse.
eyes.png
I have the nicest wr-a*s-e around :lolspin:

You're gonna have to give the names of those guys. There are so many wrasses out there it's ridiculous. I just got an exquisite wrasse for a buck. He was pretty much dead when I got him and when he got in my tank he was like brand new. Now I can't find him. Lol.

Well after dropping by, ransacking and feeling bad for taking up so much space in Andrews tank. I made off with a bag of sand and some other goodies but I made sure to leave him with some possessions and some glue as well :wildone:

Once I got home I IMMEDIATELY put sand into the tank :lol: it looks soooo much better now with the sand it and feels a whole jolly lot more like a tank! Changed the scape up a little bit and I think it's worked out rather well to be honest lol :)
It looks so clean and pretty at the moment :lol:

You're gonna have to give the names of those guys. There are so many wrasses out there it's ridiculous. I just got an exquisite wrasse for a buck. He was pretty much dead when I got him and when he got in my tank he was like brand new. Now I can't find him. Lol.
The one with all the plumage is cirrhilabrus rubriventralis (A longfin fairy wrasse) and the other is a plain old paracheilinus carpenteri (Carpenter's flasher wrasse).
They're otherwise known as Bill and Ben the flashing men :lolspin: your's will chime up sometime soon hopefully :)

Well it does look better with sand bud:beer:
Is this all the rock you're going to use or will you add some more?

Wow Dom, I was stuck way back on page 6. Sorry about the fish loss, and sorry to bring it up again. I like the new scape, especially that rectangular rock in the center. :lolspin:

Where are the acros going to go?

Sand bed wins hands down, looks awesome Dom :)

I need cleaner shrimp again, look how cool those feelers look........ that chalice is made for sitting on a white sand bed wouldn't you agree mate :p

Don't forget you promised to come around and help me change the sump over in a couple of weeks........ i will be in charge and you and Kevin will be my reef minions. :beer:

Back