The Scleractinia Shallows

Coming along nicely Dom, and will only get better now the sps collection is starting to grow.
Loving the wrasse collection too, some seriously rare beauties too

Dom- here are a few options you could explore....
Crowd funding, a letter to Santa, work off your debt at Daves shop(forever) , become an Uber driver(I could give you a reference) or hope like mad you stumble across a gift voucher from Georgia(I would search Biggles and Dave for one of those....shifty characters those two are) Possibly the last option is to start pulling out your teeth one by one and hope the tooth fairy comes to the wrasse party :fish1:

Let's move this "SPS" tank thread to the fish section (sub section "wrasse" ) :hammer:
Like your style mate :fun2:
I can't wait to see this unfold!!!
Winning the lotto would probably help as well :lolspin: taking out a platinum credit card and then going into hiding could work as well :strange:

Hopefully my wrassy style isn't too sassy for everyone... I'll see myself out :sad1:

Looks awesome Dom! That clam looks giant next to the frags on the sandbed, haha. Have you mounted them yet? Great colors, tons of potential there bud.
Thanks Conor! :beer: Yeah, she certainly dominates the tank. once there's more acro and colour the aim is to have her blended in so it's not quite so obvious lol. I've sort of mounted them, they've been stuck down and for the most part I'm happy and they're happy where they are but as I add more things may get moved around a bit :)

Lovin the wrasse collection.
Thanks mate, I've become a big fan of them lately :thumbsup:

Coming along nicely Dom, and will only get better now the sps collection is starting to grow.
Loving the wrasse collection too, some seriously rare beauties too
Cheers man :) That's what I'm hoping! Looks heaps better with the few frags in there already so I'm happy haha
Me too! lol I'm hoping the other seriously rare beauties will be able to be added! If I had the cash I'd get myself a c. claire but at $3k that won't be for quite some time!! haha

Meh, Dom ignore those party poopers whinging about your fish.:facepalm:

Now, repeat after me: Rare fish make my acros look better and butterflies are necessary for pest control. :idea:

The acros are looking nice, too.

:wave:

Angie

Now, repeat after me: Rare fish make my acros look better and butterflies are necessary for pest control. :idea:

Dom is wasting acro cash on stupid fish because of trouble makers like you Angie............:hammer:

The acros are all that matters........ ain't no 'too' when you're talking acros.........:twitch:

I'm getting Ken and John over next time you visit Dom, for an intervention........... you can blame your hippy fish hugging mate Angie for the bruises :wave:

Meh, Dom ignore those party poopers whinging about your fish.:facepalm:

Angie
I hope you know you've gotten me in trouble now :uzi:

Rare fish make everything expect my wallet look better :D I have an addiction to them now, the rhomboid opened a whole can of worms in my want and need to get the species that I've always wanted!! lol M. vivienae is number one almost lol tied with the butterflies!
Once the tank is a year or two old and the acro's are grown in and large enough I might give a more risky butterfly a go because I just love them waaayyyy too much haha

Thanks Angie :beer:

Dom is wasting acro cash on stupid fish because of trouble makers like you Angie............:hammer:
Angie is the number one trouble maker! Aside from Dave actually getting them for me, Angie knows what fish I like so I get messages informing me of who has what and that I should buy all of them! :lolspin:

I'm getting Ken and John over next time you visit Dom, for an intervention........... you can blame your hippy fish hugging mate Angie for the bruises :wave:
Oh dear :uhoh2: that should be an amusing intervention, can I have Dave present so there's at least one person on my side? :eek1:

Wrangy, I love that tank and the Wrasse collection is stellar.. But we need to pop a quick intervention on you for that floppy jump screen. If it didn't cost both arms and a leg I'd build you one and ship it out lol

Gonna be an Aussie acro brawl!!
Fight!
Fight!
Fight!

I guess it will be up to me as usual to mediate and cool things down Matt, who's fighting anyway mate ?

How about we all get back to Dom's reef and his ridiculous attempt at screening the top to prevent the suicidal dominant fish display running out of livestock........

These look right up your alley Dom :wave:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tLmJjRqXDCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dom, Now is the time to get a Fireworks frag. They are no longer Big Bickies! Rumor has it a certain private reefer has flooded the market with countless frags. Needless to say Dave isn't happy about this. I heard frags are going for a Pink Lady and a Coat and a couple of Fatties.

Marty

Gonna be an Aussie acro brawl!!
Fight!
Fight!
Fight!
Please do not feed the animals! They hardly need any encouragement! :hmm3:

Except for Dom. He doesn't have any!

Marty
Hey, I have a few pieces :uzi: finally... lol

Wrangy, I love that tank and the Wrasse collection is stellar.. But we need to pop a quick intervention on you for that floppy jump screen. If it didn't cost both arms and a leg I'd build you one and ship it out lol
Tell me about it! I hate the bloody thing lol it looks awful! :furious: I am getting a nicely made acrylic one for the tank but that will take some time so I'll just have to put up for the mean time lol

I guess it will be up to me as usual to mediate and cool things down Matt, who's fighting anyway mate ?

How about we all get back to Dom's reef and his ridiculous attempt at screening the top to prevent the suicidal dominant fish display running out of livestock........

These look right up your alley Dom :wave:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tLmJjRqXDCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I'm already preparing myself for a stern talking to about wasting precious acro money :eek2:

At least I've got it so the blasted things can't get into the overflow anymore!! :headwalls: a$$holes! lol

Do the birds come standard or are they extra??

Dom, Now is the time to get a Fireworks frag. They are no longer Big Bickies! Rumor has it a certain private reefer has flooded the market with countless frags. Needless to say Dave isn't happy about this. I heard frags are going for a Pink Lady and a Coat and a couple of Fatties.

Marty
Already got one ;) One of my favourites! lol It's pretty happy with a prime spot in the centre of the tank too! lol The next acro missile should be pretty good too!

Tell me about it! I hate the bloody thing lol it looks awful! :furious: I am getting a nicely made acrylic one for the tank but that will take some time so I'll just have to put up for the mean time lol

As long as were on the same page, lol.. Your thread is absolutely on the 'check for updates' list, and now I know what i'm waiting for, that jerk to finish your jump screen! :deadhorse1:

So not only have I been wasting precious acro money on fish, I may have committed a far worse crime on my last trip over to Dave's.... :worried:

FLUBBER :blown: lol I must admit I've secretly been looking for some amazing and crazy awesome acan's to add to the tank for a bit of flubber pop and they're easy to deal with as well which is nice, symphyllia is one of my favourites but waayyy too volatile for an sps tank!
I ended up picking up two crazy little frags of two different acan species from Dave's instead of any acro and that's no small thing lol After a few weeks tank life and a little bit of growth the real specialness of these guys will come to light! Here's some pics anyways :)

Well I didn't realise but I set the tank up exactly five months ago :) Time to report in and have a look lol
In terms of equipment things are running real smooth :)
- R6 is still kicking butt and skimming very nicely.
- I love the Vectra :) silent and doesn't skip a beat! Really nice pump to have running on the tank!
- I recently upgrade the heater to a titanium one and the temp now only varies by 0.2 degrees, I'm thinking about dropping the standard running temp to 24.5 for summer, especially with the halides lo
- My light schedule is currently 12hrs of t4's and 3hrs of the halide :) I want to boost the halide to 5 but I'm going to wait till after summer to do that because I don't wamt to deal with it over summer lol.
- Flow-wise I'm just running a Tunze 6025 and an RW-8 but still want to get a gyre 250 for the tank!
- Kore is keeping things stable and the ATO is working really well on it too so I'm happy.

Now onto the tank. I am DYING to get some more fish! I've got my five fish and I really want to get some more but I have to wait for them to be caught and delivered lol. For the moment though, the babies that I do have are all doing really well in the tank and everyone seems to be fat and happy :) so I guess I can't really complain! The acro's are growing, the clams are growing, the zoa's are happy and the acans are loving the tank tank! Overall I'm really happy with where the tank is at this point in time. Could be better but I know what needs to be done to fix that.
Here's a crappy FTS for everyone :)

Now onto the parameters of the tank, the alk is holding steady at 8.4dKH. A little higher than I want but I want to leave the AF dosing at the basic 50ml rather than decrease the dosage so I'll wait till the uptake increases and brings the alk down to 7.5dKH and the readjust my dosing. Phosphates are at 0.00ppm on the phosphorous checker so suuupper low, I want to bring these up just a little :) And now we hit the reason the acans are so happy.... my nitrates hahaha My nitrates are currently sitting around the 50ppm mark :blown: but it's cool, I'll be adding some Pro Bio S to my dosing regime to seed the matrix a little faster and bring the nitrates back under control lol. I'm not worried about it though, the acro's are a little poopy and colour isn't great but that will come back with the nitrates being removed! Here's a pic of one of the happy acans!

Dom your tank is coming along very well, seriously beautiful.

I think I'm done adding flubber to my tank, I added a multibar angelfish on Friday and it loves LPS! :thumbdown I'm choosing to keep the angel obviously, haha.

Yep! Looking really good!
I really like the low scape. Nice and mellow.
Once the acros take off, it'll be a very cool contrast.

Looking incredibly good ... has it been that long already?

So these T4's, is than an Aussie special bulb size? :lmao:

looking good Dom!

love the new flubber!! *thank god Biggles is so far away* :lolspin:

keep those updates coming!

Cheers
Thanks Flo :) The new flubber is awesome, there were some even nicer pieces when I went in yesterday lol but I didn't get any, just picked up pro bio s to try!

Dom your tank is coming along very well, seriously beautiful.

I think I'm done adding flubber to my tank, I added a multibar angelfish on Friday and it loves LPS! :thumbdown I'm choosing to keep the angel obviously, haha.
Cheers Josh :beer: I'm really happy with it overall!

It is absolutely gorgeous your multibar!! There were some GORGEOUS butterflies in store yesterday but I was barred from buying any of them :(

Yep! Looking really good!
I really like the low scape. Nice and mellow.
Once the acros take off, it'll be a very cool contrast.
I really like the low scape as well but I do worry about hiding spots for the fish as there's not as many as I would like, I might get some smaller pieces and make some more hiding holes without changing the scape in any obvious manner :)
Going to be loots of fun with more acros!

Looking incredibly good ... has it been that long already?

So these T4's, is than an Aussie special bulb size? :lmao:
Yeah certainly has lol and thanks Mark, thanks for picking up on one little mistake :uzi: They're a secret Biggle weapon :twitch:

Back