The Scleractinia Shallows

Top notch Dom, you have chosen some really sweet equipment, I think I see a kore 5th driving AF Component 123 :) Cheers, the tank is coming along nicely!!!

I hate seeing beautiful clams, I always want to buy all of them.:p

Tank is looking great Dom, really looking forward to your next update? :D

Everything is looking good Dom, and you should've snatched that while lot of clams...lol

Reef keeping is life!
Cheers man :beer: I'm pretty happy with how it's rocking along and I definitely can't complain! The tank is one piece of equipment away from the perfect plan I had in my mind coming into this tank and that never happens :debi:

Top notch Dom, you have chosen some really sweet equipment, I think I see a kore 5th driving AF Component 123 Cheers, the tank is coming along nicely!!!
Given the expense that's going into the tank this time around with my clams, fish choices and the amount of acro that will be present, I've decided to splurge a little and that's difficult on a budget! lol You'd be correct though, that's a Kore driving my AF dosing and it's also running my ATO too :) I love it :) Drives me insane when I get lazy and skip steps though but that's my fault haha
Thanks Perry :) Means a lot coming from you!

Potatohead came to visit? Much better than Kevin.

Marty
haha not quite, that there is Humbert Humbert :) Named after the stepfather in Lolita so we wouldn't feel bad if the hawks got him when he was originally added haha

I hate seeing beautiful clams, I always want to buy all of them.:p

Tank is looking great Dom, really looking forward to your next update?
You think that's bad, I was there, staring at them. Just drooling into the acro tank! I would have taken home 4 of them if I had the budget!! :inlove:

Thanks Josh and the next one should be preetttyy good hopefully :beachbum: I'm even going to change the 10 month old Radium bulb today for when they arrive ;) lol

I'm definitely loving it! Silent and is doing exactly what it should be :) I'm certainly happy I spent the cash and got it!

that is what i wanted to hear! ;)

wanna get me a new returnpump as well... but will wait...

pictures looking good Dom! :bounce1::bounce2:

Cheers

The Scleractinia Shallows actually has some scleractinia in it :D the first wave of a multi pronged acro strike has been successfully launched! :D

Man that earmuff wrasse or whatever it is, is a beauty! Never heard of thoes that I can remember. Seen lots of rhomboids but not one of thoes yet, nice pickup! How's the tank going?

I missed a lot Dom. Caroliniana is awesome, can't wait to see more acros in here.
That's okay Mark, I'll forgive you this time ;) I'm over the moon with the coraliniana and I've got it mounted juuusssttt as I wanted to! Definitely looking much nicer with more acro in it too ol

Great news Dom! And you didn't wait until Thursday night to do it. Pics when you can please.

Marty
This Thursday night might bring me some new zoa's lol and I wanted the Lubbock's from last Thursday haha but I've got some pics coming of the newbies!

Man that earmuff wrasse or whatever it is, is a beauty! Never heard of thoes that I can remember. Seen lots of rhomboids but not one of thoes yet, nice pickup! How's the tank going?

She's (well slowly becoming a he) is something special! A rather rare beauty from the Cook Islands :) The rhomboid is more than likely one of two in the country haha so I'm pretty happy about that!
The tank is doing really well, looking clean, the corals are happy, the fish are fat and I can't complain lol need to test the levels this afternoon though!

A couple of quick pictures for everyone :) I'm really pleased with how the tank is running and especially with the youth of the tank and how things are being done a little differently than what I've done in the past lol.

I just wanted to say a very large and serious thank you to Andrew for looking after my babies for me and also all of the amazing frags that he's given me. It really was an awesome day getting a box of goodies from him :) Before things got mounted:

The test frags look good Dom :)

Dom was shocked at how his little egg sized bright green stylo had fused into a boulder in my display, ' oh wow that's really weird '

He actually meant ' what the bleep did you do to it ! ' but couldn't say so or he knows it'd fly straight onto the neighbor's roof - and he'd have to get it down. :beer:

uhhh Dom looking good those frags!!
can´t wait to see the progress of those...
Cheers
I scored very well with the frags! Some gorgeous acro's will be coming from them ;) well hopefully :lol:

One giant clam to rule the shallows... Looking good there Wrassy.
hahaha One Clam to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
Maybe I should change my username to Wrassy lol it's definitely going that way :clown: still got at least 5 I want to add :rolleyes:

Nice! Love the new fraggage!
Looking really good.
Thanks Matt :) I'm pretty happy given the tank is only 4 months old :)

The test frags look good Dom :)

Dom was shocked at how his little egg sized bright green stylo had fused into a boulder in my display, ' oh wow that's really weird '

He actually meant ' what the bleep did you do to it ! ' but couldn't say so or he knows it'd fly straight onto the neighbor's roof - and he'd have to get it down. :beer:
They're definitely happy at least :)

The bloody brick that you've cursed?? The cuboid? haha strangest thing I've ever seen!! :jester:

Just some fish brainstorming for my own future benefit and those interest :)
As it stands my current stock sits at 5 fish, 4 of which are wrasse lol:
- Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis (Golden Rhomboid Wrasse)
- Halichoeres melasmapomus (Ear Muff Wrasse)
- Paracheilinus carpenteri (Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse)
- Cirrhilabrus rubriventralis (Longfin Fairy Wrasse)
- Liopropoma susumi (Pinstripe Basslet)

Everyone gets along and they certainly eat plenty of food lol. The current plans that are going to take me some time and a lot of money to get are the following fish:
- A harem of macropharyngodon vivienae, leopard wrasse, if they are allowed to be imported and aren't going to cost thousands lol. One of my dream fish!
- A pair of wetmorella albofasciata (White Stripped Possum Wrasse)
- Chaetodon burgessi/declivis because I HAVE to have a roaps butterfly in the tank! :D

That leaves me with 11/12 active and hungry in the tank :) it'll give plenty of movement and lots of fun but as most are small fish I'm not worries about overstocking and aggression won't be too much of an issue as everyone is peaceful. Should make for a very pretty tank! Lol

Just some fish brainstorming for my own future benefit and those interest :)
As it stands my current stock sits at 5 fish, 4 of which are wrasse lol:
- Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis (Golden Rhomboid Wrasse)
- Halichoeres melasmapomus (Ear Muff Wrasse)
- Paracheilinus carpenteri (Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse)
- Cirrhilabrus rubriventralis (Longfin Fairy Wrasse)
- Liopropoma susumi (Pinstripe Basslet)

Everyone gets along and they certainly eat plenty of food lol. The current plans that are going to take me some time and a lot of money to get are the following fish:
- A harem of macropharyngodon vivienae, leopard wrasse, if they are allowed to be imported and aren't going to cost thousands lol. One of my dream fish!
- A pair of wetmorella albofasciata (White Stripped Possum Wrasse)
- Chaetodon burgessi/declivis because I HAVE to have a roaps butterfly in the tank! :D

That leaves me with 11/12 active and hungry in the tank :) it'll give plenty of movement and lots of fun but as most are small fish I'm not worries about overstocking and aggression won't be too much of an issue as everyone is peaceful. Should make for a very pretty tank! Lol

Dom- here are a few options you could explore....
Crowd funding, a letter to Santa, work off your debt at Daves shop(forever) , become an Uber driver(I could give you a reference) or hope like mad you stumble across a gift voucher from Georgia(I would search Biggles and Dave for one of those....shifty characters those two are) Possibly the last option is to start pulling out your teeth one by one and hope the tooth fairy comes to the wrasse party :fish1:

Let's move this "SPS" tank thread to the fish section (sub section "wrasse" ) :hammer:
Like your style mate :fun2:
I can't wait to see this unfold!!!

Looks awesome Dom! That clam looks giant next to the frags on the sandbed, haha. Have you mounted them yet? Great colors, tons of potential there bud.

Back