The Scleractinia Shallows

Also a huge exciting piece of news :D I might be getting a fish I've wanted for a very long time :inlove:
Anampses lennardi!!!

OMG, you're finally getting a WRASSE ?!!? Don't believe it! :bounce3:

That's a seriously nice looking fish though, he might just make your acro's jealous :lolspin:

Dom your tank is looking really really good! Love the sump shots, very well organized, looks great.

When you get your lennardi to a year old I'm gonna be so jealous. :p

That is one sexy fish and one sexy set up, Dom!
Next year, at this time.. whoa.. awesome.
Thanks Matt :beer: I'm hoping come Christmas next things will be very very whoa! lol

OMG, you're finally getting a WRASSE ?!!? Don't believe it! :bounce3:

That's a seriously nice looking fish though, he might just make your acro's jealous :lolspin:
You better believe it! I'm getting a wrasse :lolspin:

I think he'll definitely make the acro's jealous! Especially once he colours up real nice :inlove:

Dom your tank is looking really really good! Love the sump shots, very well organized, looks great.

When you get your lennardi to a year old I'm gonna be so jealous. :p
Thanks Josh :) I'm pretty happy with how clean the sump is still lol not much detritus :)

haha you're pushing me, I'm determined for long term success just for you ;) There's actually a few Aussies with them that have had them over a year :) so I'm hopingt he right local specimen will be worth the wait and cash lol

Dom, what % or watts are you running the Vectra mate. :facepalm: I think this time I am sure to get an answer from you Dom. :uhoh2:

Dom, what % or watts are you running the Vectra mate. :facepalm: I think this time I am sure to get an answer from you Dom. :uhoh2:
It appears my brain can't process you Sahin :deadhorse1: haha
I'm running the Vectra on setting number one and it's a nice constant flow that's fairly placid :) I could probably go a little higher but I want to work out the numbers first :)

It appears my brain can't process you Sahin :deadhorse1: haha
I'm running the Vectra on setting number one and it's a nice constant flow that's fairly placid :) I could probably go a little higher but I want to work out the numbers first :)

Yeah, it's a strong little pump!!

I honestly wish they made a smaller model around 1000gph Max, that would be ideal for so many tanks under 50g or so. It's powerful enough to barely be usable in something like a 60 cube

Yeah, it's a strong little pump!!

I honestly wish they made a smaller model around 1000gph Max, that would be ideal for so many tanks under 50g or so. It's powerful enough to barely be usable in something like a 60 cube

You need to calibrate it. Calibration using the Reeflink makes it easy. Then the max flow is set and you dont have to worry about overflowing the display etc.

Acro's: Check!
Clean glass: Check!
Acro scape: Getting there!
Phos: 0.06ppm (changing the phosminus today. I've accounted this to balancing issues while the nitrates come down, Redfield and such lol)
Alk: 6.44dKH
Ca: 400ppm
Mg: 1100ppm (just a guess lol)
Nitrates: 25ppm ( coming down nicely, from 80ppm lol)
Colour: Poopy as because of the few little bumps lol
Halide: Replaced yesterday (8/12)
T5's: Replacing once they come in, so over the next week or two!
Matrix: Stirred every few days, finally starting to kick in I think!
Current dosing:
- 3 drops of Pro Bio S
- 3 drops of NP Pro
- Component 1, 2 and 3

Once things have settled and the acro's have cheered up again I want to play with some Vitality and Build from AF to see what happens, boy do I love tinkering! lol
Sounds like we're on the way to a proper sps display again haha! So how about some pictures for everyone :)
​Lets start with some more detail! Right side is zoa city with some of my prettiest pieces!

The middle is light city and the centre of attention, my maxima :)

And finally the left side is just acro town :)

And finally, we'll finish with a lovely FTS :)

Yap , sorry but that's got to be 10/10 from where I am sitting.
Don't even need to watch the replay. Aussie gold you legend!!!

I'm still jealous of that floppy jump screen ;)

Everything is starting to look happy. I don't see that million dollar wrasse tho, did a crab get him ?! :(

Phos: 0.06ppm (changing the phosminus today. I've accounted this to balancing issues while the nitrates come down, Redfield and such lol)
Current dosing:
- 3 drops of Pro Bio S
- 3 drops of NP Pro
- Component 1, 2 and 3

This is my exact dosing as well.
I cut out everything else just to see how simple I can make it. I do not want to walk the tight rope by dosing many things. Then when something does go wrong, trying to figure out what was the cause.

All is going well for me with growth and color at the moment.

Your tank looks to be starting off well. I admire the patience that you have shown in all the steps you have taken to do things correctly. I will be following along to see the results of your method and patiencs.

Please post if you change up your dosing or husbandry.

Looking really cool already Dom, i particularly like how you integrated that big clam into the reef scape rather than sticking it out front like many do :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure that tube is just propping the new yellow and white acro he stole from Deer Park (me) while the putty sets Bernie....... :hmm4:

Yap , sorry but that's got to be 10/10 from where I am sitting.
Don't even need to watch the replay. Aussie gold you legend!!!
haha thanks Nils, that's a huge compliment coming from you mate! Hopefully with a little bit of love and a close eye on things everyone will start to colour up and settle a little better over the coming weeks!

^
+1
What that guy said!

Schmick schmick schmick!
Thanks Matt! Still got a whiles to go but I'm just happy having my acro's back and things looking pretty good!

Awesome Dom, and I love the coraline already coloring up the back wall.
Thanks Mark :beer: it just exploded after a while, I had some small spots here and there and then over like a week or two is was everywhere! Hoping to have a solid enough patch to start sticking some goodies to it soon!

I'm still jealous of that floppy jump screen ;)

Everything is starting to look happy. I don't see that million dollar wrasse tho, did a crab get him ?! :(
Listen here you! :blown: it's a Lazy Australian specialty that screen! hahaha

He's in three of the pics as a purple and yellow blur lol happy as Larry though and my carpenters is starting to colour up and change a little bit so hopefully that means terminal phase will begin soon!

This is my exact dosing as well.
I cut out everything else just to see how simple I can make it. I do not want to walk the tight rope by dosing many things. Then when something does go wrong, trying to figure out what was the cause.

All is going well for me with growth and color at the moment.

Your tank looks to be starting off well. I admire the patience that you have shown in all the steps you have taken to do things correctly. I will be following along to see the results of your method and patiencs.

Please post if you change up your dosing or husbandry.
I'm trying to run it nice and simply so things are easy to manage and easy to play with. Once I'm happy with how the tank is running and how things are looking I'm going to have a play around with AF Vitality and Build at some point in the future.

That's great to hear mate, the tank definitely looks like it's super happy and healthy!

It's definitely getting there, there's still some teething issues in the tank but they'll fade away in time and I'm in no hurry so a bit of cyano doesn't bother me :) Patience is most definitely key and I'll be sure to make updates if anything changes :)

Looking great bud defiantly coming together
Cheers man, I'm really happy with it!

Very nice FTS. May I ask what is that white plastic tube for?
Thanks Bernia :) Mr. Andrew is spot on, that tube is just to prop up the acro while it encrusts till it's stable on it's own.

Looking really cool already Dom, i particularly like how you integrated that big clam into the reef scape rather than sticking it out front like many do :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure that tube is just propping the new yellow and white acro he stole from Deer Park (me) while the putty sets Bernie....... :hmm4:
Thanks mate, that means a lot! Integrating the big maxima was the trickiest bit I think, so that she could still be shown off but didn't look silly and out of place either!

Stole..? I don't know what you're talking about hehe I think I may have dropped the nitrates a little too quickly too, some things are looking a little worse for wear :headwallblue:

I've been putting off posting because I'm super jealous of your wrasse, but your tank is looking to good not to give you props. Great job on the scape!

Current dosing:
- 3 drops of Pro Bio S
- 3 drops of NP Pro
- Component 1, 2 and 3

Once things have settled and the acro's have cheered up again I want to play with some Vitality and Build from AF to see what happens, boy do I love tinkering! lol
Sounds like we're on the way to a proper sps display again haha! So how about some pictures for everyone
​Lets start with some more detail! Right side is zoa city with some of my prettiest pieces!

The middle is light city and the centre of attention, my maxima :)

And finally the left side is just acro town :)

And finally, we'll finish with a lovely FTS

looking so nice DOM! :bounce3:

finally looking like a tank that belongs into the SPS area of this forum ;)

Cheers Buddy

Back