The Scleractinia Shallows

You have been flubberized--they do look nice and colorful. I'm also guilty of purchasing a couple of marine flubber species. Your reef looks pretty good with the giant clam centerpiece and colorful frags. My reef also has high nitrates (20ppm) and all corals include acros and flubbers seem to be doing very well at that level of nitrate concentration.................Jim

Uhhhhhhh....
Very very nice acans.......
Welcome to the flubber club...Your ID card is on the mail.

:beer:
As soon as I saw them I made sure my name was on them so no one else could steal them! lol They're slowly getting better and better colour with the halides lighting them up nicely! I just need a strip of blue led's for some wank value as I do love blue pop! haha

You have been flubberized--they do look nice and colorful. I'm also guilty of purchasing a couple of marine flubber species. Your reef looks pretty good with the giant clam centerpiece and colorful frags. My reef also has high nitrates (20ppm) and all corals include acros and flubbers seem to be doing very well at that level of nitrate concentration.................Jim
I have indeed but it's okay because I know Biggles has some as well so he's not allowed to tell me off ;)
The nitrates will slowly come down over time with the matrix nearly being close to seeded so we'll see what happens over the next two months :)

Tank is looking sweet Dom, great job, your patience is paying off mate!
Thanks Perry :beer: I'm really happy with it and the acro's are all growing and happy :) The Pro Bio S was totally not what I was expecting either lol I was expecting a slightly cloudy nearly odorless colour but it's brown and stinks! I'm looking forward to seeing what some bacteria in the tank does again, especially with the matrix to house it all :)

Well I went round and visited the lovely Andrew yesterday and came back with a little more than I was expecting, 3 styro boxes filled with all my babies :D What a glorious day it was and now I have shitloads of work ahead of me to try and place everything happily lol

As you can see the tank is nearly filled already and we haven't even hit the 6 month mark haha. It is really nice to have all my babies back again and I'll hopefully be getting another fish of my list in the coming month too :D A. lennardi!!!

Today is water change and testing day :) Going to do a full 75L water change as I've been a little lazy of late lol

Things are looking good in there. Wrasse are fat and happy, colors coming in well, new sticks poking their way into all the rockwork soon, floppy jump screen. 99% perfect! :D

Things are looking good in there. Wrasse are fat and happy, colors coming in well, new sticks poking their way into all the rockwork soon, floppy jump screen. 99% perfect! :D
haha thanks, I think? :lol: once I get the chance to have a play properly things will look even better!

A few other pics from around the tank after the water change today too :) this little guy decided he no longer wanted to be a sandsifter :p

I always love this piece, the Hairy Maclary acro lol

Seriously impressive update Dom, congrats on getting your acros back! Loving the look of the tank, can't wait for you to get them all positioned and everything.

Good luck with the lennardi, such a beautiful fish, hopefully you're able to keep it long term.

Dom, the tank looks great! :thumbsup: How are the acro colours holding up?

I also bought a Vectra M1 for my tank and really like the pump. What setting are you running your pump at? Please let me know either the % or the watts.

Looking through your thread it appears your filtration is:

1. Skimmer
2. Matrix (4Litres)
3. Sand and Rocks
4. NP Pro from AF.
5. Some kind of PO4 remover?

And you are dosing AF 3 part right?

The tank is certainly looking great; love the fish selection mate. Oh and I'm very jealous that you got acro goodies from Andrew. :p

Love that Hairy Maclary! There's so many green sticks out there I just stay away from green at all costs, but every once in a blue moon there's a really nice looking green like that guy! Makes me think I should give some of those emerald sticks out there a second look, juuust to be sure :D

Great to see all the acros back! Watch that Alk, I imagine it's about to take a big dip.
Me too, I've got my Hanna alk sitting right next to the tank lol. I am SO SO happy to have them back again though :D just awesome!

Looking good Dom, really liking that 'Hairy Maclary.'

Reef keeping is life!
Cheers man! It's a dark horse favourite of mine lol! Can't wait to get everyone happy and settled into their new home though!

Seriously impressive update Dom, congrats on getting your acros back! Loving the look of the tank, can't wait for you to get them all positioned and everything.

Good luck with the lennardi, such a beautiful fish, hopefully you're able to keep it long term.
Thanks Josh, it was definitely a joyous day getting my babies back and having them all in my possession again! I've got some thought and plans in my head so hopefully it turns out all right haha

I'm hoping so too :) Hopefully with the much much shorter shipping times and being allowed to settle at each stop will increase my chances as they're absolutely gorgeous :inlove:

Love that Hairy Maclary! There's so many green sticks out there I just stay away from green at all costs, but every once in a blue moon there's a really nice looking green like that guy! Makes me think I should give some of those emerald sticks out there a second look, juuust to be sure :D
I have a very good eye for greens lol. Andrew hates green but was upset when I took all my greens back haha

Nice little coral addition!
Now we are headed for serious acro bush!
Looking sweet, Dom.
Thanks Matt, the tank feels a lot more lively with them back and looks a little more interesting too lol the fish are enjoying it too!

Also a nice short vid of the tank :)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M8hiAREg8ZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also a nice short vid of the tank :)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M8hiAREg8ZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks great matey. Please set camera in landscape position so we get full screen next time. :rollface:

Dom, the tank looks great! :thumbsup: How are the acro colours holding up?

I also bought a Vectra M1 for my tank and really like the pump. What setting are you running your pump at? Please let me know either the % or the watts.

1. Skimmer
2. Matrix (4Litres)
3. Sand and Rocks
4. NP Pro from AF.

The tank is certainly looking great; love the fish selection mate. Oh and I'm very jealous that you got acro goodies from Andrew. :p

Bump for answers to above. :p

Dom, the tank looks great! How are the acro colours holding up?

1. Skimmer
2. Matrix (4Litres)
3. Sand and Rocks
4. NP Pro from AF.

The tank is certainly looking great; love the fish selection mate. Oh and I'm very jealous that you got acro goodies from Andrew.
I am very sorry for missing your post Sahin :facepalm: lol

The acro's are holding a reasonable amount of colour but it is a little dull because the nitrates are still way high and the halide isn't on for long enough lol but they're easy fixes lol

Okay now onto the sump lol

The first chamber houses my heater (300w titanium) and the skimmer, my trusty RLSS R6-i skimmer!

Then sitting in front and underneath most of the sump is the ato section (which I adore!)

After the skimmer section is the other processing powerhouse of the sump! This sections runs three things:
- 10L of Matrix, stirred every few days.
- 125ml of coconut flake carbon (potent stuff! lol) changed monthly.
- 250ml of AF PhosMinus, changed bi-weekly.
I also add my three drops of Pro Bio S into this section. No NP Pro is going into the tank though. I'm not carbon dosing at the moment, even though it would help with the nitrates lol and then there's also the sand and rock that add to the bio-media. And that's where my capacity comes from but the matrix is still a couple of weeks off being fully matured :)

After that, the super fresh water hits the frag tank :) I haven't pictured that though because it's just a frag tank lol. The final sections are a sock rack (empty as the holder hasn't been added lol) and the return, the kick-a$$ M1 :inlove:

And yes also dosing Component 1, 2 and 3 :)

Also a huge exciting piece of news :D I might be getting a fish I've wanted for a very long time :inlove:
Anampses lennardi!!!

Back