The Scleractinia Shallows

Tank is looking good Dom, the new acros look nicely colored :)

What is the difference between the bio f and using the pro bio s and np pro ? I thought the bio f was added to the reef salt to make it probiotic salt.

I want answers.................. what's the go Dom ?

Those new pieces are crazy nice!
Dom, I like your fts.. I do. Really..
But damn! Where are the top downs ?!!!

Next project for you is to finally build a proper frame for your mesh. LOL
haha I might actually take some measurements today to think about building a proper top :debi:

I like the layout. Room to go vertical with a few more sticks. :)
Easy to build up and only being 18" high it still allows the tank to look a lot bigger and have plenty of swimming space for my babies lol

Tank is looking good Dom, the new acros look nicely colored :)

What is the difference between the bio f and using the pro bio s and np pro ? I thought the bio f was added to the reef salt to make it probiotic salt.

I want answers.................. what's the go Dom ?
Thanks mate :) I'm pretty happy with how it's going given all of the up's and down's I've had since starting it up but we're finally getting somewhere lol I'm picking up some flucanozole from Dave today to deal with the few strands of bryopsis that are taunting me :deadhorse1: and I've got some Vibrant coming in on Tuesday to finally kill off the bubble algae and have a near complete pest free tank :dance:

Pro Bio F is pretty much the powder form of -NP Pro plus Pro Bio S plus some other goodies, different strains of bacteria and an extra culture medium lol. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they added to the probiotic salt to make it probiotic lol. I'll be doing a WC with that tomorrow so I'll bring back some feedback lol

Those new pieces are crazy nice!
Dom, I like your fts.. I do. Really..
But damn! Where are the top downs ?!!!
Yeah!! The first bit is pretty special and the second is similar to a. hyacinthus but I've always had a soft spot for them lol I may come back with more today lol but it'll probably be fish as a big shipment came in today!
Thanks Matt, that means a lot :) I'll be doing some top downs for you over the weekend lol was thinking about it the other day but I've been flat out with uni!

Dom , draw two eyes on your right hand and with your left hand remove the net cover.
Insert your right hand in to the tank and line up the eyes with a bubble algae, now pounce on the bubbles, removing them one by one from the tank until you are done. Simples!
This method I can testify has worked for me in the past.

Pro Bio F is pretty much the powder form of -NP Pro plus Pro Bio S plus some other goodies, different strains of bacteria and an extra culture medium lol. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they added to the probiotic salt to make it probiotic lol. I'll be doing a WC with that tomorrow so I'll bring back some feedback lol

The reason i mentioned it was you might want to skip the bio f daily dose when you do a water change in case you're over doing the probiotics........ just something to watch out for in case you see something weird going on after doing the probiotic salt water change.

No idea but you just never know Dom............ ;)

Did you buy a fish or acro at Deer Park today - something wrong with you if you didn't..... :twitch:

Dom , draw two eyes on your right hand and with your left hand remove the net cover.
Insert your right hand in to the tank and line up the eyes with a bubble algae, now pounce on the bubbles, removing them one by one from the tank until you are done. Simples!
This method I can testify has worked for me in the past.
:debi::deadhorse1::debi: Manual removal is about 10 decades behind the point I'm at now :lmao: Vibrant is going to be my weapon of choice for this battle, right after I finish with the fluc dosing lol

The reason i mentioned it was you might want to skip the bio f daily dose when you do a water change in case you're over doing the probiotics........ just something to watch out for in case you see something weird going on after doing the probiotic salt water change.

No idea but you just never know Dom............ ;)

Did you buy a fish or acro at Deer Park today - something wrong with you if you didn't..... :twitch:
I know you think I'm a little nutty but I'm not that nutty haha I'm only dosing pro bio f once a week :) Maybe twice a week but certainly not daily! Especially with the probiotic salt, which is amazing by the way! It mixes stupidly quick and it's crystal crystal clear! The acro's very much enjoyed it and there was a positive reaction around the tank for it!

No comment :hmm1: :dance: There was 7 fish I wanted and it took AAALLLL of my self control to just buy two lol I fell in love with one the instant I laid eyes on her :inlove: the teeniest tiniest little bellus angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a bellus again!!

:debi::deadhorse1::debi: Manual removal is about 10 decades behind the point I'm at now :lmao: Vibrant is going to be my weapon of choice for this battle, right after I finish with the fluc dosing lol
Yea man !!! I know this already, I'm gonna grow old unable to keep up with technology. I'm sure this vibrant stuff is going to detail your rock work. Ps nice new Bellus!

Gotcha on the pro bio f thing now lol. What is that bi color fish above the angel ?

Display is looking really healthy and vibrant in your last FTS Dom, you're doing the right things now i'm sure :)

Yea man !!! I know this already, I'm gonna grow old unable to keep up with technology. I'm sure this vibrant stuff is going to detail your rock work. Ps nice new Bellus!
I've got the fluconazole cranking in the tank at the moment and it's definitely working :thumbsup: I'm going to start the vibrant shortly to deal with this onslaught! lol Yep, she's absolutely adorable and tiny! I fell in love in an instant!

Dom, did you buy the lion fish? If you did, aren't you afraid it will eat one of your $200 fishes?

Marty
He died at the store :( So no lionfish! I got some other groovy bits instead :)

I'm envious of your wrasses. I can't wait to see your tank grow in.
I'm a little bit desperate to get my hands on a c. isosceles though! My Rhomboid is nearly a full male so he's looking gorgeous! :D lol I got myself another wrasse last week and hopefully some more soon too ;)

Gotcha on the pro bio f thing now lol. What is that bi color fish above the angel ?

Display is looking really healthy and vibrant in your last FTS Dom, you're doing the right things now i'm sure :)
Just for fun lol I do like the probiotic salt though! Heaps better than the reef salt! lol. That bi-colour fish is my golden rhomboid getting his male colours :D He is a stunner!

I'm pretty happy with it at the moment! Got the fluc to dissolve the bryopsis and the vibrant to annihilate the bubble algae plague :D lol

On another note, as you can all see in the pics I picked myself up the most adorable little teeny tiny Bellus Angel last week and I am completely in love lol. Along with her I picked up another little monster of a wrasse haha this little guy was just way to nice to miss out on!

The only minor issue is he may grow lol but at least he'll grow into a stunner so he can go to a good home (or I'll upgrade haha). The little blighter is eating mysis like a guts but the pellets are still a little too bit for him, he's very interested though! His official name is hologymnosus doliatus or the red ring wrasse!

Aanndd a video:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7ppXNeqk7D0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just for fun lol I do like the probiotic salt though! Heaps better than the reef salt! lol. That bi-colour fish is my golden rhomboid getting his male colours :D He is a stunner!

I'm pretty happy with it at the moment! Got the fluc to dissolve the bryopsis and the vibrant to annihilate the bubble algae plague :D lol

You know i thought the two buckets of AF reef salt i tried were sh$t in a bucket....... pretty sure i made that point clear last time you were over Dom........ why is the other one better ?

I like that rhomboid fish, one of my silver whales jumped out a few nights back.......... hate seeing that :(

I'm going to fluc the system as soon as i can get the stuff, did it kill snails or upset the shrimp ? You best run down here exactly what the treatment is in detail and how to prepare or whatever so i can follow it step by step please. :)

Did you taste it perchance.......... :reading:

You know i thought the two buckets of AF reef salt i tried were sh$t in a bucket....... pretty sure i made that point clear last time you were over Dom........ why is the other one better ?

I like that rhomboid fish, one of my silver whales jumped out a few nights back.......... hate seeing that :(

I'm going to fluc the system as soon as i can get the stuff, did it kill snails or upset the shrimp ? You best run down here exactly what the treatment is in detail and how to prepare or whatever so i can follow it step by step please. :)

Andrew have you come across anything that tickles the taste buds yet? i only ask as you seem very inquisitive surrounding the taste of several substances of late

I thought the same thing but the reaction from the tank from the probiotic stuff was ten times better :) It mixes quicker and far better than red sea too which I was pleasantly surprised at lol. I definitely think it's going to turn out to be far better than the reef salt!

Yeah, he's a glorious fish! I'm sorry to hear about the jumper :( that always sucks!

Nothing even knows I've dosed the tank :) Happy and sane like usual! Snails, shrimps and clams are all going strong! The dosing rate is 5mg per litre but I threw in 9 instead of 8 just for good measure haha. Mix it up with RO and dump it in haha I did leave the skimmer off for 24hrs though and then put it back on on a lower setting for a few days and now the skimmer pump is dead lol so I'm waiting for a replacement with no skimmer running again haha.

I did taste it when Mark was dosing coral 2 and it tastes like bitter a$$hole haha I even got to smell it while he was throwing all the dust in the air :debi:

Andrew have you come across anything that tickles the taste buds yet? i only ask as you seem very inquisitive surrounding the taste of several substances of late
:lolspin:

AF power food is a bit like nutmeg.......... i like nutmeg.......... :thumbsup:

Back