The Scleractinia Shallows

Water changes are great for the soul... And your tank. I used the af probiotic salt and it didn't have any effects. We need a close up of the tank and to see the progress of the vibrant dosing. That is one medieval torture device you cooked up for those bubbles.

Maybe you can help me pick out a new wrasse for my tank. I'm leaning towards a romboid but I'm open to any, well almost any wrasse.

I didn't notice your screen top or your boots in the picture.
Most definitely great for the soul, I'll be heading over to Deer Park on Friday hopefully (depending on how quiet work is) to pick up some goodies and just do nothing for the day there lol. I think I might do another water change tomorrow though so I can refill the barrels.
I'll try and get some close ups over the weekend for some comparison shots :)

Oooooohh :D I adore my Rhomboid, he's such a great fish and I got him as a her so watching the changes occur has been fantastic! Are you looking to get a special show piece wrasse or something to add a bit of that wonderful wrasse colour and movement?? Some of my suggestions for a showpiece would be:
- Rhomboid of course! lol
- Flame wrasse (c. jordani)
- Magma Wrasse (c. spp, no species name yet)
- Earmuff Wrasse (h. melasmapomus)
- Pintail Fairy :inlove: (c. isosceles)

These wrasse are all fairly calm too, are you planning on having a few wrasse or just one or two?? Because that will vary the suggestions as well lol

It has to be so satisfying popping those bubbles with your medical torture device.
Most definitely! Nothing more enjoyable going to town and stabbing them all haha

Nice Dom! I'm liking the 'double ***** and suck' device you have created.... you deranged animal....
It's a deranged kind of weapon because the bubble algae has made me a deranged kind of reefer :furious: It is making a difference though :)

So who can recommend me a decent actinic led strip?? I'm thinking about getting a simple 2ft strip to add some pop in the evenings and I'm looking at the SB Reef Lights sbar and the reefbreeders LumenBar at the moment as they seem like decent mid range strips. I'd love to get a ReefBrite XHO strip but with shipping at the costs involved I ain't paying that kind of dough haha

So who can recommend me a decent actinic led strip?? I'm thinking about getting a simple 2ft strip to add some pop in the evenings and I'm looking at the SB Reef Lights sbar and the reefbreeders LumenBar at the moment as they seem like decent mid range strips. I'd love to get a ReefBrite XHO strip but with shipping at the costs involved I ain't paying that kind of dough haha

Ecoexotic cheap and easy.

I love my reefbrites though.

I have a Pintail now and I'll list the other wrasse in the tank.

I have
4 female leopard
1 male leopard
1 male potters waiting to be added
1 yellow
1 red coris
1 dusky
1 melenaris
1 redheaded
1 pudding wife
1 sailfin
1 pintail

Yep I think that's all of them. My lfs has a romboid in so that might be what I end up with. A couple of them my not end up in my DT either.

Ecoexotic cheap and easy.

I love my reefbrites though.

I have a Pintail now and I'll list the other wrasse in the tank.

I have
4 female leopard
1 male leopard
1 male potters waiting to be added
1 yellow
1 red coris
1 dusky
1 melenaris
1 redheaded
1 pudding wife
1 sailfin
1 pintail

Yep I think that's all of them. My lfs has a romboid in so that might be what I end up with. A couple of them my not end up in my DT either.
I'll have a look at ecoexotic now :) I would love a reefbrite though lol and sometimes I think about getting a second hand one from those selling them but I doubt anyone would want to sell/ship to an Aussie lol

Awesome, I would highly recommend the rhomboid then, especially if your lfs has one! I'd be all over that :)

Pm me your address or postal code. I'm interested to see how much shipping is.
I hope you're not planning on getting me into trouble :lol: I spent my tank money all in one hit today on three acro's and a goni lol but holy sh!t did I want to spend more!! There is a cherry/magma wrasse in the store that I want and a tiny ultra, maximum, full power clam that blew me away as well! I could have easily spent $2k+ today :spin3:

I'm not sure why there aren't photos of your new acquisitions posted yet........
Very confused..
haha when I was doing my water change I nearly took a bunch of top down's as I could hear you in the back of my head making fun of me for no pictures :lol: you lost in the end haha I might do it over this weekend and go from there!

Who knows when they might get uploaded though with photobucket screwing everyone over... lol

So my alarm didn't go off this morning and in turn that meant as I was madly rushing around to get my a$$ ready for work the lights came on and so as we all do, I stopped and went and watched the tank and gave the fish some breakfast :)
As I was doing this, something stood out to me, how little bubble algae there is in the tank at the moment :D It seems to be finally taking a real hit from the Vibrant dosing and especially so due (I think) to my popping as many bubbles as I can each water change and siphoning along the rocks. The tank seems a little cleaner too as I've gone over the sandbed a few times in the last 2 weeks as well. All in all I think things in the tank are really finally starting to be back on the up! Just need to wait for pay to get a CO2 bottle and it'll all be running too :)

Then your tank will fill with sps!
Oh heck yes! Now that I'm working full time and not one day and week and bumming of my lovely partner :lol: I have a bit of extra cash to start buying nice pieces and fish. The tank should start to fill nicely over the next few months and not look so barren! The one thing I am looking forward too is more fish! Especially wrasse :D

I'm pretty much sold on getting a cherry/magma wrasse and a Katherine's Fairy Wrasse :D I'll be one of a few people with either of these fish in Aus :D lol I love my wank value when it comes to wrasse hahaha

He's gotta switch to something Sam as we're all waiting to see his tank and new bits!
Glad to hear all the mutant bubble algae is succumbing to the tube of death.
Will be good to see your tank soon populated again with choice acro's from deerpark!

time to switch to postimage.org Dom!
Time to switch to something! lol preferably with an app as I take a lot of quick shots with my phone!

He's gotta switch to something Sam as we're all waiting to see his tank and new bits!
Glad to hear all the mutant bubble algae is succumbing to the tube of death.
Will be good to see your tank soon populated again with choice acro's from deerpark!
haha well you're in luck! I broke out the real camera and the porthole last night and took pictures of all the pieces currently living in the tank and I have to say I'm pretty happy with how the colour is going on some and how the colour is starting to come back on others :)
It's really a huge difference, I'll do some comparison shots as well :) Got some very groovy fish to add though in the next couple of weeks :D

Time to switch to something! lol preferably with an app as I take a lot of quick shots with my phone!

haha well you're in luck! I broke out the real camera and the porthole last night and took pictures of all the pieces currently living in the tank and I have to say I'm pretty happy with how the colour is going on some and how the colour is starting to come back on others :)
It's really a huge difference, I'll do some comparison shots as well :) Got some very groovy fish to add though in the next couple of weeks :D

Bring on those pictures!

I'm really enjoying Tapatalk. I post pics right from my phone.

What constitutes a groovy fish?

Back