The Tang Tank / Tanginator - 265g Build Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiszmaster

In Memoriam
Its all about the TANGs baby!

This is going to be one tank the TANG POLICE will hate! ;-)

I've been sanding & Buffing the old 150g to ready it for its new owner.

Tomorrow we will drive to St. Petersburg to pick up the new tank - 265g Perecto.

Dimentions: 84"L x 31"T x 23"D
Trim: Black
2 x Corner overflow boxes

NEED:
Pump
Skimmer
more money
Plumbing ... this time spaflex, not PVC pipe (sh 40/80)

More on this later

dude my 240 was carried in with two people. it was a perfecto and prolly about 30 pounds lighter at most.

O i forgot to mention the guys that carried in were big. One is a professional powerlifter that benches 600 pounds and the other an amatuer bodybuilder with arms bigger than most guys legs.

enjoy :)

You want my 5-6" blue hippo to start with- He is starting to get a little cramped in my 90g. I figured my 72" tank would be setup by now, but its taken a little longer than expected.

I might just go ahead and setup that 84" 265 that's sitting in my garage, and sell the 90.... hmmm, decisions decisions ;)

sure, i'll take him ... once my tank is up ... should hopefully not be that long ... i picked up the return pump already today ... monday i'll order plumbing parts ... now i just have to find some LR for a good price ...

Is this a build thread or what? You got a pump, wow!! I want pics now dammit!!

sorry,
anyway, Tang is yours.

LR- Ryan's got about the nicest stuff around if you want to
hand-pick. If I were you I would get about 100lbs from Ryan and about 200lbs of Kaelini or Marshall IS from one of these
internet FS's, some of them offer free shipping on large orders.

Check out "Oceanproaquatics dot com"

They have a sale on "premium" right now- 30lbs of Fiji Buna branch Ultra premium for $100.

***?? Fiji Buna branch ultra premium--> Who names this crap??

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9331006#post9331006 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ConcreteReefer
Is this a build thread or what? You got a pump, wow!! I want pics now dammit!!

pics - as soon as you get your *** over here & help me unload the tank out of the trailer!

see you in 30 minutes?

About 10 minutes worth of water inside the tank - can you see the tape measure on the top left front corner of the trim?
IMG_3795.JPG

hey .. they are stylish alright! the brown leopard print goes very well with the wood color of the stand/canopy ;-)

thats what rob had to keep the light inside ... he never got around to building doors.

no he is a lazy arse! he is the only one I know that has a 140 and a 240 both emty in his garage! But on the flipside I am hoping his acros will start encructing onto my liverock so when he comes for them they are permently stuck in my tank!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9331006#post9331006 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ConcreteReefer

LR- Ryan's got about the nicest stuff around if you want to
hand-pick. If I were you I would get about 100lbs from Ryan and about 200lbs of Kaelini or Marshall IS from one of these
internet FS's, some of them offer free shipping on large orders.

Thankyou for the kind words :cool:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9386614#post9386614 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ConcreteReefer
anything new??

Yes!

yesterday i plumbed up the preassure tank for my house pump. I was not going to start filling the tank until that is hooked up.
Tank will be moved in today, provided i can find some help.

I think i will be doing a concrete backwall.

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

This will have multiple benefits:

1. no back glass to worry about cleaning
2. looks more part of the reef
3. 7ft. worth of LR down the road ...
4. some area for frags to mount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back