therman's 40B SPS tank, TOTM Oct 2001 and reef nostalgia thread

Ramon!! Aren't you as old as us?? Lol! Man, nice to see some old and familiar "œfaces" at RC!

Haha. Yeah. We're all old. I cant believe I hit my 20 year anniversary on RC this year. That's almost as old as the internet. Hit me up if you need toys for the grandkids. Lol.

Haha. Yeah. We're all old. I cant believe I hit my 20 year anniversary on RC this year. That's almost as old as the internet. Hit me up if you need toys for the grandkids. Lol.

I'm not old, you're old!! :)

Looks like Mark, Frisco, and Carlos are the old timers. They already had their 20 yr anniversaries!

I've got some RichK confuse for you Sang, whenever you are ready. Time to fire up that Montipora tank again...

I'm not old, you're old!! :)

Looks like Mark, Frisco, and Carlos are the old timers. They already had their 20 yr anniversaries!

I've got some RichK confuse for you Sang, whenever you are ready. Time to fire up that Montipora tank again...

Awesome! I love that monti!! I’ll be at my 20th anniversary next year!

Bunch of youngsters on this thread:D glad to see you're all alive and still keeping reefs. Therman has a green thumb like the old days, just on ICU level steroids.

I remember reading about all your guys tanks. I joined after a few years of lurking. Not as old school as you guys. But, I'm still running a euroreef skimmer I bought second hand. And my mag 12 is at least seventeen years old. Lol the old stuff sometimes just works.

I remember reading about all your guys tanks. I joined after a few years of lurking. Not as old school as you guys. But, I'm still running a euroreef skimmer I bought second hand. And my mag 12 is at least seventeen years old. Lol the old stuff sometimes just works.

I'm pretty sure there was a golden age of manufacturing between about 1998-2005 when companies competed to produce the highest quality longest lasting products rather than competing for the most advertising and sales of garbage with failures engineered in to require re-purchasing after a few years.

Heck...i'm still using VHO's!!!

Stumbled across this old, awesome thread. Man, those were the days of early SPS keeping. Wonder how many of these people are still in the hobby?

Since someone bumped it.

Hey Tim is this the tank that Mike Paletta featured in his book?

Was this also the tank you left at Phil's while you moved?

Hey Shred, I do believe this is that same tank. Hopefully, @therman will chime in and confirm.

Wonder what ever happened to Phil? I lost touch with him and Dwayne many moons ago.

There is a user by the name therman on other boards

Might be same guy, hopefully he chimes in

If it’s same reefer, therman is still active and doing some impressive things with LED and SPS

Hey Shred, I do believe this is that same tank. Hopefully, @therman will chime in and confirm.

Wonder what ever happened to Phil? I lost touch with him and Dwayne many moons ago.

Yea I live near Phil but I have not seen him in a long time. He moved and I did about the same time. I have not been to his place or he has not been here yet but he is not to far. I contacted him a few weeks ago. I see Carlos more and he asked me to stop by Tim's and pick some stuff up from him. I go to Ohio allot since Sandy is from there and two of her kids still live there.

I have not seen or heard from D and actually the last time I saw him was at Phil's. He came down with his wife. I see post on FB from him he is big into BBQing now.

The old days, hobby was so much more fun.

I miss Chat on IRC.

There is a user by the name therman on other boards

Might be same guy, hopefully he chimes in

If it’s same reefer, therman is still active and doing some impressive things with LED and SPS

It is.

Back