Third SCMAS Scratch and Dent sale 8/30

Some bags of live sand were added today, as was some other stuff, I did not even have a chance to look at. There are lots of light fixtures of all different configurations. Sorry there are way to many to keep track of. There are a bunch of skimmers from 50-70% off. Lots of pumps. We will have a tub for testing pumps like last time.
Most items have a white tag on them saying what is wrong with them if anything. Lots of pumps were returned as defective but just had calcium build up or something clogging them.
There is one brand new VorTech pump, that is just the older version, as well as a brand new chiller that is a discontinued model. So there are plenty of bargins!

Wow got to say that was the best time to get a chiller if you where looking for one. I got an almost new 1/4 that some had returned cause it was to small for dirt cheap. Almost to cheap to even post.

There were no pumps working when I got there, I was hopeful for one Mag3 but it wasn't working, all the remora I saw were broken also, and without pump.

I probably should have picked up a Remora, and found a pump from somebody else, but unless I get the whole setup there, (Pump included) it would be cheaper to buy from a RC member.

WTB Remora :) haha.

I picked up

2 - 250W Radium Bulbs

1 - Milwakee CO2 Regulator

And this

GL1583_99.jpg

72 inch Giesemann Moonlight Infiniti 3x250W HQI + 4x80W T5 Light Fixture - Silver
Price: $3,798.99

Last edited:
I had a good time. i got a aquaC EV 120 and a mag 3 for a great price =). The only thing was someone took my bag of miracle mud -_-'.

Onesaltydawg- nice meeting you today and thanks for the assistance. BTW- where were they hiding the radiums (or any 20k 250watters for that matter)? Im in the market for a pair myself. I guess it pays to volunteer and get first pick-thru on the goods.... Congrats on the finds. This was my first S&D sale and I was able to score a few needed items for pennies on the dollar... Huge thanks to Marine Depot for allowing us the opportunity to a such great event.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13261080#post13261080 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wipe-this
Onesaltydawg- nice meeting you today and thanks for the assistance. BTW- where were they hiding the radiums (or any 20k 250watters for that matter)? Im in the market for a pair myself. I guess it pays to volunteer and get first pick-thru on the goods.... Congrats on the finds. This was my first S&D sale and I was able to score a few needed items for pennies on the dollar... Huge thanks to Marine Depot for allowing us the opportunity to a such great event.

There were 3 boxes of bulbs- 175w, 250w and 400w...I just happened to find the right box...it was in the front door to the right on a pallet

Nice to meet you too

Yeah thanks Marine Depot! Once again walked away with some SWEET stuff for pennies!

Good seeing you again Wipe-this! I may need your assistance with the HOB Fuge... lol I am stupid...

And thanks Saltydawg again for the help and expertise *spelling?*

I totally forgot to get some sand :( anybody have some extra sand or reef mud (or whatever) for my new Fuge? :D

Darn.... Next time on the radiums I guess, or back to paying retail I suppose.

Austin-hit me up on that fuge. I like cheato and a couple mangrove saplings, with mud and sand mix, but any of the standard macro-algae/ calurpas is beneficial too.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13260192#post13260192 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Onesaltydawg
And this

GL1583_99.jpg

72 inch Giesemann Moonlight Infiniti 3x250W HQI + 4x80W T5 Light Fixture - Silver
Price: $3,798.99

you are going to LOVE it!!!!!!

really, there isnt an all in one pendant that comes close to the giesemann moonlight! i love mine!!!:D

if i think you got the price you got...it was definitely a steal!!! it is a good thing you bought it because i would have!!! heck, i think just to replace the on board computer is something like $1500 (my guess only).

let me know if you want me to send over the instructions i got from phil. it is 'sort of' intuitive...but does require some: 'oh, that's how you do it!!!'.

i missed this one as i have other commitments! it is great to see those who totally got some excellent stuff!!!:)

I picked up the 250w version of this..

http://www.current-usa.com/outerorbithqit5ho.html

This thing is brand spanking new. Never been turned on since the plastic was still on the T5's. All the hardware (hanging kit etc) was even there. It only had a broken bulb. 70% off was such a sweet deal that I could not pass it up. This was my 3rd S&D event and by far my most successful one. Patience IS a virtue.

Thanks SCMAS and Marine Depot!!!

Any talk on a fourth and final sale? Even if they didnt add more items to the current selection, Id still be able to find tons of stuff I could make use of....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13263736#post13263736 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DRC69
Sure had a great time.
Thanks all I enjoyed it.
D

Nice seeing you again, Darrel. Glad to hear things are going so well for you.

Lots of deals, especially for those willing to do a little repair on their own... Hard to believe there was so much stuff left over. I mean, all those LIGHTS?!...

Hey all,

Thanks again for coming out to support this SCMAS event. I hope everyone got good deals! SCMAS also got a good deal and I can announce that we will have at least one Aqualogic Chiller in the raffle for the Holiday Party!

AL2115K_99.jpg

Thanks Marine Depot for the opportunity. Thanks to SCMAS members for their dedication. It just goes to show that we are so successful when we come together! SCMAS is a class act!

Back