Tomini Tang Compatibility

You're not getting it, the tomini tang kills angels not other tangs. What fish are compatible?

And you're saying if I want to add one tang, divide it by two, etc....huh?

I think most of us are responding to the OP. You've got an oddly aggressive tomini. With future fish try to add fish that are a lot small or a lot larger than your tomini and it should help curtail aggression. You'll probably experience the most aggression with other grazing fish.

My Tomini Tang is mean

My Tomini Tang is mean

I started my 150 gallon tank about 2 months ago. Tomini Tang, Yellow Tang Naso Tang, and Sailfin are my first fish. They all get alone fine. However, I added a Blue Jaw Trigger, Flame Angle, Coral Beauty, Lemon Peal, Half Black Angel, and Elibi Angel last week. My Tomini is only 2 inches, but he bullied every single new fish including the Trigger. Within 24 hours, my new Elibi was killed. What can I do to stop his aggression can stop?

I started my 150 gallon tank about 2 months ago. Tomini Tang, Yellow Tang Naso Tang, and Sailfin are my first fish. They all get alone fine. However, I added a Blue Jaw Trigger, Flame Angle, Coral Beauty, Lemon Peal, Half Black Angel, and Elibi Angel last week. My Tomini is only 2 inches, but he bullied every single new fish including the Trigger. Within 24 hours, my new Elibi was killed. What can I do to stop his aggression can stop?

You can either take the tomini out for a few days while the angelfish gets acclimated and settled - I put mine in the sump.

You can also use an acclimation box where the fish get a chance to see and get used to each other before releasing the new fish to the display

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Tomini will harass any new fish I put in the tank but it usually doesn't last very long. Still because of this I choose to add him back last to my new tank. He has never became aggressive or territorial that I can tell and is one of my favorite fish. I've learned to be strategic when adding fish whereas my first tendency is to be impulsive. I do not keep tangs in tanks that are less than 6' long and even in 6' tanks tangs can get neurotic - my experience over years. I'd rather not have tangs than to see them racing back and forth in a tank. They are free-swimmers in the ocean, constantly moving and I have seen schools spread out and cover huge territories. They need lots of space. Some more than others.

So what i am reading is a 60 gallon would be too small for a tomini? I only have a black cap basslet, and solar wrasse. Tank will house 4 fish maximum, looking at a blue spot or yellow headed jawfish as well

In a 215 lightly stocked. My Tomini chases the algae benny around like crazy, and is the boss of the tank.

Chased my new 6line around for 2 days, and then mellowed out.

Thought about adding a yellow and decided best not push it.

Back