Trying to save a Red Sea Regal

And a couple more from a few nights ago:

And the color missing from the tail I was talking about before... the red spot at the end of the streak is too small to photograph.

I think that bacterial infection will heal over time. I've seen the mouth rot that Calore was talking about on one of my pyramids as well, the entirety of the jaw deteriorated in my circumstance and the fish never recovered.

Seems like your doing a good job, it's always fun to have stories like that, it makes keeping the fish long term that much more rewarding.

I think that bacterial infection will heal over time. I've seen the mouth rot that Calore was talking about on one of my pyramids as well, the entirety of the jaw deteriorated in my circumstance and the fish never recovered.

Seems like your doing a good job, it's always fun to have stories like that, it makes keeping the fish long term that much more rewarding.

Totally agree, half the fish in my DT are rescues of some sort or another.

I'm not sure if he will ever be a competitive eater, so if he beats this he may live out his life in my 210g fuge, otherwise he'll join my other regal in the DT. I'm just a little disheartened because I've seen no improvement in the past few weeks.

Just a quick update

I've put off doing the fin scrapings since the fish has started to drastically improve. He's back to eating mysis (some out of the water column) and still is eating the NLS pellets. I haven't done any further treatments, but the twitching has really slowed down - so I'm suspecting that was residual irritation from a previous infestation. I'm still trying to get him on other foods, but he's stubbornly ignoring clam, nori, or anything I mix in with his mysis. His color has improved and I think he's gained a little weight also. The wound on the mouth definitely doesn't look as bad, but I still can't tell if it's healing much. Either way, it doesn't seem to be bothering him the way it was. Hopefully these are all good signs and the fish is on the right track now.

Back