Ulr hanna checker

pisces 12

Has any one else have crazy readings on this ,my reg checker reads 0.00 my ULR is reading 0.07 after using 3/4 of a bottle phosphate RX and 4 cups of rowa phos on a total water volume 320gals something don't add up

Well, we do see problems with reagents, so I wouldn't be surprised if the ULR is wrong. Maybe a local fish store or a friend could make another test for you?

Mine has been pretty solid but my Hanna Calcium checker decided to start reading 600 (flashing) this weekend. I keep salifert as back up for testing.
My Hanna Alk tester started reading random numbers once. That turned out to be a low battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has any one else have crazy readings on this ,my reg checker reads 0.00 my ULR is reading 0.07 after using 3/4 of a bottle phosphate RX and 4 cups of rowa phos on a total water volume 320gals something don't add up

Yup, mine not consistent, same with CA checker, Alk is great.
Back to Salifert.

I've noticed that the vial clarity in the ULR is important. Dirty or scratched vials tend to result in elevated readings. Even fingerprints can mess up a test. BRS sells new vials for cheap. I replace mine when I order reagent.

Considering the accuracy/precision of the two units, the 713 could read 0 ppm while the 736 reads (25 ppb) .07 ppm. However, if the number doesn't change after all you've done, I'd suspect an issue with the vial or maybe the reagent.

I agree with making sure the reagent number matches the actual checker. I bought the wrong reagent one time and results were not accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, I had errant reading with my ultra low until I realized that the powder wasn't totally dissolving. I confirmed by looking at drops of the sample under the microscope. The powder was inhibiting proper readings just like dirty glass of the vial and I could sample 5 tests one after the other and not have any agree with another.
As I couldn't control the timing stages of the testing I ended up warming the sample to about 90-95°F BEFORE doing the test. This allowed the powder to dissolve completely within the timing of the tester.
I was able to dissolve the powder at the temperature of the tank by shaking it longer, or even letting it sit for a bit, but by then the tester timed out.

Back