ups delivered my package but...

Nina51

biggliest cofveve champ
Premium Member
they delivered it somewhere other than HERE. i am so ticked off i could spit nails. a carpenter's wrasse and a mccosker's wrasse are languishing in a box somewhere and i have NO idea where they are. i have checked with my 3 immediate neighbors and i have gone up and down the road twice, asking. i live in the farthest corner of the boonies you can imagine. it's just us on the farm, a few neighbors down the road and then hundreds of acres of farm fields.

i am just sick to my stomach knowing there are live animals out there somewhere that need care. it isn't even the $$$ because i have already been in contact with LA and they will ship again at no cost to me BUT, these are living, breathing, swimming creatures that will very likely be dead by the time they are found.

i am so freaking sad. :( :( :(

oh, and my order of snails from reefcleaners arrived today, 2 days late. i am floating the bags now but even unopened, there is a seriously bad smell. ugh! just UGH!!!

:( :( :(

I once sent 6 fish I had raised from eggs to someone and the package got lost for a week. not only were my babies dead but my friend had to deal with the aftermath once it arrived.
haz a sad.

call UPS and have them ask the driver if he remembers where they dropped it off. I had that happen 1 time and they were great to work with and they found the package.

well, the snails seem fine. it was just the stink from the water!

shifty, the closest ups hub isn't even open on saturdays, to my knowledge. the drivers pick up packages to deliver and that's it. there won't be anybody there till monday. i have had 2 phone calls from LA and they are working on trying to find the driver.

this is beyond frustrating!!!

guy from a few miles down the road showed up about 30 minutes ago with MY package. he just got home from work and found it on his front porch. UNbelievable!!!

looks like the mccosker's might have survived but the carpenter's is barely breathing. :(

i am drip acclimating them both to my qt.

That really stinks... I wish you the best in tracking down your package before it's too late. Are there any other roads that share a similar name to the one you live on near you? I grew up in the sticks, and we always prayed to never need an ambulance ride; the addresses were all jacked up, not at all in sequence like they were everywhere else.

I wouldn't bother with drip acclimation at this point. Just get them both in clean water ASAP. Or at least shoot some Amquel or Prime into the container they are currently in.

i did put some prime in right away. do you think i should just get them into the qt tank? the girl at LA suggested doubling the acclimation period which would be TWO hours. that doesn't sound like good advice.

this had to be a substitute driver. the regular driver even brings cookies for my dogs when he knows he's coming out here!

i did put some prime in right away. do you think i should just get them into the qt tank? the girl at LA suggested doubling the acclimation period which would be TWO hours. that doesn't sound like good advice.

this had to be a substitute driver. the regular driver even brings cookies for my dogs when he knows he's coming out here!

If salinity and temp is even close, I'd personally get them into the qt tank ASAP.

Wrasses are pretty tough; all you can do now is wait & see what happens. I would leave the QT dark for at least the rest of the day and check on them periodically.

thanks for the help, everybody. i'm leaving the lights off, yes. the carpenter's is still on his side but still alive. the mccosker's is hiding under a small piece of live rock but at least he's upright!

thanks, curtis. i can hardly kill a bug unless it's a spider or a tick so seeing these animals struggle is killing me!

pretty sure he's a goner. i'll give it till later this evening before i pronounce him dead.

Back