URS Buffalo Spring Frag Swap: Saturday, June 8th at A Reef Creation (Official Thread)

Johnny C

Spring is officially here and it's about time for a frag swap in Buffalo, New York!

-Date: Saturday, 6/8/13 from 1:00-5:00PM @ A Reef Creation
-Address: 4700 Genesee St. Suite 112, Cheektowaga NY 14225
-Open to everyone, aquarists from Western NY and beyond are encouraged to join!
-Sellers may setup tanks on Saturday 10/29 anytime after 11:00am. Seller Fee: $20
-Pizza/Pop will be provided by ARC
-Raffle prizes that you seriously won't want to miss!

Attendees are encouraged to post things that they want to buy/selling/trading here. Fragswapper will be also setup shortly with a link provided. Let the fragging begin! :D

im in i will have some zoo's some rbta's and maybe even some picasso and platinum clownfish!

Please count me in! I would love to set up and will be happy to post what I have available as we get closer to the date.

never have seen a fee for sellers anywhere else, how come here

Whenever I set up or attend I make a point of also buying from the LFS, so I don't have a problem with it.

I'm surprised that we don't see them more often. Especially with the a shop like ARC that provides food and prizes. I also notice that Randy usually has his full staff on hand during a swap.

you have a better chance at spending $20 and making a lot more money than spending $20 on a scratch off lottery ticket and usually winning $0. sell 1 or 2 frags and your even ! dont forget it costs $ for the electricity for all tanks set up.....heat for the room....full staff......food and beverage....etc. i think its pretty reasonable ! can't wait to go to it !

you have a better chance at spending $20 and making a lot more money than spending $20 on a scratch off lottery ticket and usually winning $0. sell 1 or 2 frags and your even ! dont forget it costs $ for the electricity for all tanks set up.....heat for the room....full staff......food and beverage....etc. i think its pretty reasonable ! can't wait to go to it !

Didn't ARC almost burn down from someone's frag tank a few years ago?

Is the seller fee for people that want to set up a tank only? What about other pre-arranged selling without tanks? I will have ceramic frag discs and plugs to sell as well.
I'm due for a trip to ARC!

Having been to lots of frags swaps, $20 to set up a table is a kindness. Many swaps charge nearly that much just for regular admission. I'll be there with lots of cool stuff!

The selling fee applies only to folks who would like to setup a tank to sell corals at the event. There is no cost to conduct trades or prearranged sales online. The frag swap is (and has always been) free to attendees! :)

Nice work John . But why would sellers set their tanks up in October?

Back