vodka dosing

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12234010#post12234010 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jova
The way I see it is this: the vodka works the same way on the bacteria as it works on all of us. The bacteria get "vodka goggles", which lowers their inhibitions and they start to take interest in things that they normally wouldn't have anything to do with, just like humans! The bacteria look at a certain nitrate and think: "Ahhh, no way man...", but after a few doses of vodka, that same bacteria is like: "Oh yeah baby, you lookin' good!!!" So there ya go; the answer to all of your questions.
Rofl
i was just about to say the same thing

I've been dosing about 7ml on appx 135gallons for four or five months now.
I feed what I would consider pretty heavy - at lease three nori sheets a week, two cubes every other day, and multiple pellet feedings daily. I also am trying to get some pajama cardinals (which now live in my stock tank sump) to grow so they can go in the DT, so they are getting four feedings of cyclopeeze a day.

I've always had low trates - probably in the .5-1 range, but now they are completely undetectable. My acro colors are pretty darn good to boot.

I think that it should be noted that I think you need a skimmer that can really do it's job though - not just for oxygenation purposes, but also to keep up with the increased bacterial activity. I also am injecting a small amount of o3 daily for four hours.

At this point, I consider the vodka a part of the tanks daily regimen, so I am currently working on setting up an automated dosing system for it.

Peter

I have been dosing vodka - I dose about four to ten shots most Fridays and Saturdays. I usually wait till five, or at least till I can say "its five o'clock somewhere." The morning after I dose, sometimes I no feel so good. And of course, its not always vodka that I use, sometimes rum, sometimes, tequilla, sometimes all of the above. WOOOHAAA

Funny thing is, I have seen no difference in my tank????

The best part about dosing vodka... as apposed to rum or tequilla, is that your tank is less likely to get a DUI... Due to the fact that it will smell less like alcohol.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12237126#post12237126 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kannin
The best part about dosing vodka... as apposed to rum or tequilla, is that your tank is less likely to get a DUI... Due to the fact that it will smell less like alcohol.
:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12237126#post12237126 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kannin
:D now thats funny

Back