Watch those temps

SkiFletch

Hey all, just wanted to add a friendly reminder that the humidity is going to keep going up and up. With the exception of Wed and Thurs, dewpoints should be 60-65 and maybe even higher the next week, probably two. And when that dewpoint rises, even air conditioned tanks can struggle so keep an eye on things, hope we all make it do the other side

im putting an AC in my window tomorrow. and running my 10 inch fan across the water. hope that prevents anything that did happen to my tank earlier this year. i have SPS now, and dont want those to bleach out.

Heh, yeah I noticed my room didn't feel as cold despite the temp reading 69f. Did a wet bulb check and got a dewpoint of 61 in an air conditioned room! Yikes. Usually its in the mid 50s... I'm wondering if I walk outside right now will I be able to drink the air?

Re: Watch those temps

IME:
*high temps = good time to run RO units and have a beer

*most women are cold blooded and they appreciate warmer temps than most men

*if you don't have a pre-nup get one ASAP- you haven't seen high temps until you've been married for 20 years :p

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12896903#post12896903 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by oceanparadise1
LOL, well im not married yet, just engaged!
I'm sure she's a wonderful gal-
make your motion ASAP or you won't have access to jointly owned thermostats, AC units, turkey basters, blenders, cash, etc. etc. etc. :p

Re: Re: Watch those temps

Re: Re: Watch those temps

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12896731#post12896731 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gary Majchrzak

*if you don't have a pre-nup get one ASAP- you haven't seen high temps until you've been married for 20 years :p

I fell into a burning ring of fire I went down, down, down, and the flames went higher!!!!

Sorry I couldn't resist

Yes Phil... please be sure you know how to change the toilet paper rolls. I'd offer to have my hubby show you how but he hasn't figured it out yet... :p

:D There's a guy at my work who has the philosophy that women should be responsible for putting the seat down when they want to use it. He is divorced...

LOL! Looks like im going to have to learn pretty fast! Ha ha, i will say that this one is a keeper and i have hit my ceiling, haha gary your write shes amazing and puts up with my reef keeping and video game playing lol!

Just a word of advice to anyone running a window unit (and even for some central units). As long as you set the temp below the room temp, the air coming out of the system is the same "coolness" if you set the thermostat to 50 or 72. However, if you set the temp below a goal that your unit can achieve, your unit doesn't shut off and give any ice a chance to melt off of the coil.

When it's really humid like this, you'll get a lot of condensation on the coil, and this can form an ice buildup. If this happens, you could end up needing to shut the unit off for a few hours before running it again.

I use window units on one floor of our house. When it's really hot and humid, I usually bump the setting up to 75-77 prevent them from building up any ice.

johnny20cash20finger.jpg

johnny20cash20finger.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Joaquin Phoenix looks old there... :eek2:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12898798#post12898798 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by skifletch

Did a wet bulb check and got a dewpoint of 61 in an air conditioned room!

What does this mean?

Originally posted by skifletch
Did a wet bulb check and got a dewpoint of 61 in an air conditioned room!

What does this mean?

that the air has a higher relative humidity than one would expect in an air conditioned room. The closer the air temperature and dewpoint temperature, the higher the relative humidity.

The wetbulb is a measurement you can make to determine moisture content in the air. You can read about it here if you'd like here

If you don't have a pre-nup get one ASAP- you haven't seen high temps until you've been married for 20 years.

Well it'll be 40 years for me this November. Too late now. She let's me do the reef stuff without any trouble. She knows I'm incorrigible and stays anyway. Lucky me.

Back