What eat's Manjos?

Put 1/4 tsp of kalk in a dish, add just enough water to make a paste, suck it up in a syringe (no needle required) and bury the mojano in a mound of pasty white death. Turn pumps off first. Works on aiptasia as well, just don't do it too much or you'll mess up your calc/alk levels.

Majanos .....

Depends how bad. If you have a sizable 'collection' then things like Kalk, lemon juice, aptasia X may make you feel like your doing something effective ..... But you're not, sorry. Only solution at that point is to employ a biological control in the form of a predatory fish.

I had a Double Saddleback Butterflyfish that ate all the aiptasia and then all the majanos. About 6 months later I had to pull it as it started going after lps corals. That was a year ago and I don't have any aiptasia or majanos... yet.

I had a Kleins Butterfly that really did a number on them. After it took out the majano's, it eat the fringe off a bunch of button polyps. Not the polyp, but just the fringe.

holy flashback post. 8 years later Saddleback eat all min back then. Now I have a few Aiptasia. Looking into one of those lasers.

holy flashback post. 8 years later Saddleback eat all min back then. Now I have a few Aiptasia. Looking into one of those lasers.

Don't do the laser.
Look it up and you'll see I started it here on RC. And I was wrong. About 75% to 90% come back after a time. If you don't burn 100% of the aiptasia, and the foot can be very difficult to get in a hole, it will grow back. I tried the majano wand too, it's a waste of money for 50% of the aiptasia and majano in harder to get places.

Don't do the laser.
Look it up and you'll see I started it here on RC. And I was wrong. About 75% to 90% come back after a time. If you don't burn 100% of the aiptasia, and the foot can be very difficult to get in a hole, it will grow back. I tried the majano wand too, it's a waste of money for 50% of the aiptasia and majano in harder to get places.

I agree that while the laser might be fun ( and dangerous) it's tough to really eliminate a aiptasia that has it's foot buried.
I have 2 in my 50 gallon tank that I have hit a dozen times with the laser and they both just keep coming back.

matted file fish!!! near gurenteed. though you gotta gewt a hungry healthy one...This is their main diet...good luck..I had to buy two of them and they took out the thosands of them i has in a week:]

I had a Muelleri Copperband Butterfly once that ate 'em. Then again, I've had a few Muelleri Copperband Butterflies that wouldn't.

Back