What kind of cleanup crew for a small tank?

Fmellish

My 24 gallon is done cycling and I have brown diatoms all over my sand bed now. It's time to start looking into a cleaning crew.

I had a terrible time with hermits in my 120 gallon, they knocked stuff over and stole food from my other fish, they were way too aggressive.

Is snails enough for a cleaning crew? and how many should i get for just a 24 gallon? And what type?

Also I had a sandsifting star all the years I had my 120, and I'd love to own one again, but it the sandbed long enough and wide enough in a 24 gallon for a sand sifting star?

Thanks
Josh

Probably not a good idea to get that star fish in such a small tank.
In my nano I had just snails for years the someone gave me two hermits so I have 2 hermits and 5 sand snails 10 margarita snails and 10 of another type. My numbers may be off just a little now if some may have died. I also have a couple pepermint shrimp too.

I was thinking about getting a sand sifting star but decided not to cause it isn't enough room like Steven said. As far as snails and hermit crabs when I started I bought 10 hermit crabs, 5 turbo snails, 5 margarita snails. Now I have like 33% of that lol. I also have a skunk cleaner shrimp, and a fire shrimp

Back