What magnet to use for a 1 inch acrylic ?

ReefPharmer

Apparently flipper max does not work on one inch acrylic and I really prefer not to spend 3-400 on a magnet if I can use something less expensive out there. What do you guys recommend ? Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that they market the tunze care magnet strong for .75" or so but maybe contact them and see if it may work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnavore 10
When I did tank care I worked on a tank that was about 1.35" that magnet never failed. The one I used did not float so I had to be careful. Extremely powerful magnet. One time got them stuck together. Took several other people to get them apart. You can also replace the pads very easily.

Yea. Pretty pricey. I think mag float offers a large one for acrylic that may go up to an inch too. But it's pricey but not like the magnavore. You could always find an acrylic safe one then go buy your own magnets.

Flipper Max Magnet Cleaner, 1-Inch $80/amazon. Pretty decent.
It can scrape as well.
I use for my FW 1" acrylic

Do NOT buy the Tunze magnet. It is junk. I have one that is 2 years old and the inside casing started bulging and now the scrubber pad is all uneven and it doesn't clean well at all. Called Tunze and they offered to sell me one for the wholesale price of $187. LOL. No thanks! With that being said I bought one of the flipper max units and I love it. I have a 1 inch thick glass aquarium. This thing blows the tunze out of the water for a third of the price. The scrapper side with having only the 3 contact points touching is genius. Makes moving it back and forth on a huge tank so much easier. Liked it so much I bought a second one for the other side of my tank so I don't have to take it out and move it over. It sticks very well on the glass. Never falls off. Can't see where it would work any less on acrylic. Just my 2 cents.

Back