What was your very first Fish?? If you can remember ....

I'm a Ballah, I skipped the Damsels and went straight for the Clown Headed Fairy Wrasse :)...No wait, he was #2. #1 was a Yellow Coral Goby!

HAZMAT was his name. Little blue chromis. That stinkin' fish survived all kinds of hell while I learned something about saltwater. I miss him still.

A seahorse! What a wonderful & amazing creature! We bought a 20 gal tank & put in a seahorse right from the start. We later added a banded shrimp & my husband bought me a purple pseudochromis for my birthday. The tank & it's inhabitants did great for a very long time till one night our bonehead roomate brought some girl home & wanted to show her the tank. In the process of fumbling around in the dark for the lights, he bumped into the heater & everything was cooked by the next morning. We were never able to rebalance the tank after that. My biggest disappointment when we first set up the 125 was that it was not going to work out for seahorses.
Frizz

Finney the Stonogobiops yasha who has since taken a mate and still lives in our 50 gallon aquarium almost 3 years later.

My first fish was a feeder-style goldfish that I won at the school fair. It lived in a bowl for 3 years until one day it jumped behind my dresser.

After a whirlwind of freshwater setups, my first saltwater tank started with three damsels: a humbug, a domino, and a yellow tail. They were so cute and tiny. I really wish damsels stayed cute and tiny!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10982082#post10982082 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aztbs
My first fish was a feeder-style goldfish that I won at the school fair. It lived in a bowl for 3 years until one day it jumped behind my dresser.

After a whirlwind of freshwater setups, my first saltwater tank started with three damsels: a humbug, a domino, and a yellow tail. They were so cute and tiny. I really wish damsels stayed cute and tiny!!

Oh, I didn't even think about freshwater! I guess my first fish was actually a celestial goldfish, many years ago. Never really got into the FW thing though.
Tiff, you are right about Damsels. I love those baby blue ones. It would be great to have a whole school of little electric blue fish.
Frizz

Hmm in freshwater it was zebra danios! (Those darned things live for feaking ever!)

Saltwater -- blue damsels... that started breeding. Matt still has scars where those darned fish attacked him when he stuck his hands in the tank!

Favorite fish -- Freshwater -- Ebony colored Angelfish
Saltwater -- Undulate Trigger (he was so cool) I love the reef more though!

Jen

fresh was a $0.24 goldfish, followed shortly by a nice group of female bettas. I currently have siamese algae eaters, kribs, and endlers.

First SW fish is a bicolor blenny. Just got it a few weeks ago :)

My first fish was this firefish:

73065firefish1.jpg

I had him for over a year. Then I replaced my acrylic tank covers with egg crate. I was shocked when I found him dried up on the floor. I guess he had no problems jumping through the egg crate.

My first fish was a guppy. I kept it for a long time, and when I had to go on vacation, I thought I would just give it one week's worth of food in advance. So sad.

Back